upper a arm bushings

-

1970 La

Reaction score
i am building a 74 dart drag car with a small block. it will have ladder bar & floater rear suspension. juast wonder about the a arm bushings as far as stock,poly or if someone makes a solid bushing. what would be best ? thanks

Take a new OEM type bushing and your control arm to your local machinist, he can make aluminum bushings for you. We have all aluminum bushings, upper and lower in our I/CM Dakota. One word of advice, have the machinist groove the bushings and tap the control arm for a grease zert. That way the steel and the aluminum will not bind up.

Bill S.

I think you will like them, out CM truck reacts quickly and settles nicely on down track.

Bill S.

I tend to use the poly bushings because they are easy. If you can custom make something, great.

If I was going to spend the money on some custom bushing, I'd probably just buy the RMS upper arms. The RMS arms work VERY good.

i want to keep it stock front suspension for now just in case our old heads up racing starts up again. then i'd just have to take off the ladder bars. lbs/ci looks to be a thing of the past. someday i'll let go of this little dream and when i do i think i'll go with a coil over front suspension and then move the motor back.

-
Back