Upper ball joint 66 dart

-

matt71vh

Reaction score
Hi Guys I am going to be changing out the upper ball joints on my 66 Dart. I can't seem to find a specific reference to the size of socket I need for this, can you help out?

Also is there a difference in the pitman and idler arms for this year with regard to power steering or manual, and s6 vs v8?

Thanks

I believe Firm Feel carries a complete line of suspension tools, but I cannot find them on the website. There is a special socket just for this purpose. The idler is the same /6 to v8 manual or power. The pitman is different depending on the year of the box, so unless you know the box is out of a 65 you may need to do some parts changing. The center link that attaches to the pitman, idler and inner tie rods is different on a /6 car than it is on a v8 car. The v8 link will fit a slant, but not the other way around.

Your in glendale, if you drive to torrance you can borrow mine, just make sure I get it back! :)

Not sure, will have to check in storage tool box today or tomorrow. I remember someone used a pipe wrench after soaking the ball joiints in wd-40/etc. as a last resort to remove/install.

-
Back