Upper Tubular Control Arm Problems

-
Dittos! I have called him, left my phone number AND emailed him, ALL without any response. To his defence, when I talked to him in the past, he seemed like a very sincere-likeable guy. The only thing is, I had a years worth of excuses from him and honestly, I just want to be done with it. I mailed back the tubulars to Mancini today.
icon14.gif

The owner of this company (Ray) does this as a part time gig and the quality shows. I went through all the same garbage and spent 2K with him. Be thankful you did not die from Caps products.....I almost did and he made me believe it was my fault. Mancini is asking for big trouble.

I run CAP tubular UCA's, LCA's, and strut rods on my Challenger with 1.12" torsion bars and 11.75" rotors. I have over 5,000 miles on this setup now. The only issue I ever had was a loose ball joint on one of the uppers shortly after installation. Maybe not torqued right at CAP, or maybe loosened somehow when I installed it, or just worked itself loose, not really sure. Ray was more than helpful when I brought it up, and offered to replace the entire UCA if the ball joint loosened after being retorqued. It hasn't, and that was probably well over 4k ago now.

I've had no issues with binding, cracking, or anything else. And believe me, with all the CAP bashing I've seen I've looked for problems. I run 4 degrees of caster and -.7* camber without issue. The front end squeaks, but all the polyurethane bushings I've ever used on any car always have unless greased about every 3rd day. Poly bushings just squeak.

Maybe I got a good set, got lucky, or whatever. I've been through the other threads referenced, made some comments, and inspected my set up more than a few times. I don't think the whole story is being told in either of the cases referenced, but thats pretty much a standard conclusion for any story on the internet. And given some of the new products on the market (primarily from Hotchkis) I'm not sure I'd personally buy from CAP again, as there are better designs out there. But I also have no intention of pulling the ones I have off my car, and I think some of this is really just bad press. CAP is by far not the worst aftermarket parts business I have ever dealt with in terms of product or customer support. Just my .02 .

I have CAP tubular upper control arms on my 66 Valiant and the poly bushings are crumbling apart and falling out after only 3,000 miles :angry7: I don't know if I can find replacements cause they are not original. Looks like I may just put stock ones back in.....

I have CAP tubular upper control arms on my 66 Valiant and the poly bushings are crumbling apart and falling out after only 3,000 miles :angry7: I don't know if I can find replacements cause they are not original. Looks like I may just put stock ones back in.....

I would think they are energy suspension pieces.

-
Back