US Car Tool core support stiffener

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Anybody use them? How heavy are they and are they worth the price?
I'm looking at them for my Duster but can't find any info. on how heavy of steel they are made of.

It's a cap that goes over the existing support. It doesn't fit all that great and is time consuming to install. Heat, hammer weld, repeat.

Thanks GMachine that's exactly what i was trying to find out.
Who else makes them? I found 2 others XV Motorsports but they are out of stock at the moment and Dillinger chassis but i can't figure how to order from them, their site isn't very user friendly.

Old thread, but trying to get some more info on this or alternative products. The previous owner of my Dart cut the crap out of the core support to put in a big radiator. I'm going to a correct sized radiator, and I'd like to stiffen this area back up.

I have a us car tool one, its meant to go over the existing one but mine is damaged , I am going to see if I can just weld the new one in place of the old one, very strong piece , looks very nice

I have the US Car tool, spring relocation kit, mini tub kit, and sub frame connectors. All are very nice pieces. The spring reloc kit is made of 3/16 steel. Heavy duty, makes the Mopar ones look like they are made out of a tuna can.

It does look like a quality piece. Any piece of metal going onto a 47 year old car is gonna need some adjustment before welding it into place. Looks like they give you plenty of surface area for welds. My engine is out and I'm fixing various things in preparation for the new engine, this was always one of the things that bugged me about my car. The radiator hung way down below the support. I think this looks kinda bad *** as well as adding rigidity to my front end.

dscn4290.jpg

It does look like a quality piece. Any piece of metal going onto a 47 year old car is gonna need some adjustment before welding it into place. Looks like they give you plenty of surface area for welds. My engine is out and I'm fixing various things in preparation for the new engine, this was always one of the things that bugged me about my car. The radiator hung way down below the support. I think this looks kinda bad *** as well as adding rigidity to my front end.

I hadn't seen these before. It does look good. Shown is the UScartool piece ?

I bit the bullet and bought one today. I'll keep this thread updated when I start installing it.

The core support stiffener showed up today and it seems to be a pretty nice piece. I held it up to my core support and it fit right on. Doesn't look like it's going to require much fitting. Looks like I need to just grind off the paint where I plan to have it welded and hold it in place with clamps. I'm going to use C-clamps and pull the two pieces of metal together and let the welder do his thing. Member VOETOM's brother Joe is going to come over and weld it in for me.

954c579b-aa81-4773-a1bf-9303a42a886a_zpsdb2ad678.jpg

Here are some pictures. Hacked up core support

60C4FBDA-BFD8-4157-97E9-6EE0688E5DC4_zpsyybg8ggt.jpg

Paint ground off

Jan2015010Medium_zpsd45deeda.jpg

Mocked up in place

Jan2015012Medium_zps3fc458dc.jpg

Being welded into place

100FCD76-B2EA-4F13-A7D5-7338F76E46CB_zpszq91daoo.jpg

Finished product

2BED7EEF-66FB-4955-8E6A-03926128D5AD_zpshckquv2p.jpg

I've since cleaned up the welds and removed the excess spatter. I was mostly a cosmetic job for me, I'm not going to autocross my Dart or anything. But I did want the extra protection for the bottom of my radiator.

yep i have us cartool spring relocation kit installed on my 70 duster fit and finish is great
i got the frame connectors a little while back they look awesum also.

Reilly motor sports in P.A. is suppose to have frame connectors etc. Ive left messages but no response.Anyone used them

Some pics of an a body we did a few months ago.

Attachments

• Dave DeJesus 027.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Dave DeJesus 028.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Dave DeJesus 031.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Dave DeJesus 029.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 284
  • Dave DeJesus 032.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 310
-