Not open for further replies.

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Contact seller
I have a new set of US car tool frame connectors that came with my car when I bought it. I could not bring myself to install them on a rust free car.
They measure 49" from end to end. The box says A body. I never checked to see if they fit my Dart. Just opened the box fot the first time to take the pictures.
Asking 165.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 658
  • 025.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 647
Really? I installed some connectors in a 66 Barracuda.Notched the floor and fit them over the rear rails. They made the car nice and stiff. When US Cartools came out with theirs I liked the look so I put them on my 64. To my surprise the car felt stiffer with them than my rectangular tubing fabrication. I don't have any scientific measurements except the seat of my pants, and the difference could be the result of suspension components, but I am pleased with the results and they look like they should have come from the factory when installed.

these are weak compared to doing rectangle or square tubing but would make a cool cap to install over them just for looks

They are fine and add significant structure when welded in correctly. I also disagree with your claim.

These, perimeter welded, turn the floor, connectors and sub-frames into one unit.

I did not install them because the car has no rust, still has the factory undercoating. already had the floor painted, Dynamat and carpet installed. After I peeked into the box I realized it was the connectors that welded to the floor and not the box tubing type I had gotten in the past from safety cap people. I planned on selling these and buying the square tube ones from safety cap. This is the reason why I am selling these.
Thanks all

Would you trade for a nice set of bolt in subframe connectors ?

A part # or specified year/model would be helpfull. I also disagree that they are weak. When welded full length to the floor boards they become tied into the sobframe,floorpan,torque boxes if you got em and rockers as well. THATS STRENGTH!

Why? They should be the first mod on any abody. They will even make a sweet, stock, /6 a better car and if you plan on adding power, they are a must have..
68/340 nails it. On my 5.0 Mustangs,a .060" wall,2x2 Maximum Motorsports f.c.'s night and day difference. Felt it ,EVERYWHERE.

I thought when welded in correctly they are stiffer than regular square tubing/bolt ins. You have 4 points of contact instead of 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back