Use a table ban saw to hack off the 340 piston crown .

-
My hero, your the man, now I will Google the pin weight, and be able to talk to my machinist and give him the info. Hopefully he has info on my combo on file and will tell me the size drill bit he uses to remove weight. And where.

My hero, your the man, now I will Google the pin weight, and be able to talk to my machinist and give him the info. Hopefully he has info on my combo on file and will tell me the size drill bit he uses to remove weight. And where.

i literally just gave you ALL of the information. the weight of the pin, rings and all of the critical measurements are there in the document. click the link. control + F 2405

smdh

It's been over a month, did the band saw blade get dull? Sandpaper lose it's grit? chewing gum soften up from heat?

i literally just gave you ALL of the information. the weight of the pin, rings and all of the critical measurements are there in the document. click the link. control + F 2405

smdh
Yes I got it all thx again hero, had to close old tabs before I could Access the file. Thanks again Sincerely Jesse

It's been over a month, did the band saw blade get dull? Sandpaper lose it's grit? chewing gum soften up from heat?
Good question, I been traveling, but the saw and a bunch of other stuff should be waiting for me when I get home...you should see that band saw, it's a beautiful compact unit , where you just bring the blade / motor unit straight down, (it's swings down on a precision hing and cuts anything just the way you grip it in the vise, so a pistons crown will meet the blade, straight or crooked, depends on me how / where I clamp it. I will be home next week.

I will be home next week. I will get pictures out on thisforum . It's a beautiful compact unit on a hinge...just visualize those slicers you see in grocery stores meat dept. Slicing your favorite meat to thickness. Now, put in a piston crown.

Your to smart 340six..be quiet....unless you have some specifics about scats 4" forged crank . How much does the machinist remove and where, if useing 715 gram rods and bolts and stock TRW Forged flat top pistons weighing??? How deep and wide are the holes....or, hell I would just be satisfied if someone could give me the accurate grams of one of those pistons/is .030" over with rings.
1st off it's you're not your.
See proof i am smart.
And i have them in here stock steel crank. Yes the forged TRW high compression one's that are above deck. And with closed chamber heads. I had a real machine shop mill them. And shoot peen, resize the rods with ARP bolts, rebush small ends. Balance Crank. The closed chamber heads,are 52.5cc.
The way YOU are doing it is a hack. Do it once do it right.

motor01 (1).jpg

1st off it's you're not your.
See proof i am smart.
And i have them in here stock steel crank. Yes the forged TRW high compression one's that are above deck. And with closed chamber heads. I had a real machine shop mill them. And shoot peen, resize the rods with ARP bolts, rebush small ends. Balance Crank. The closed chamber heads,are 52.5cc.
The way YOU are doing it is a hack. Do it once do it right.

View attachment 1716095717
Never doubted you are smart. Hope your memorial day gets you rested and stronger. Sincerely Jesse

You need .187 or so for material thickness on the top of the piston if I remember correctly. This was a set of TRW's but it's been 25 years.

Make a simple fixture to keep it consistent and way to scale your pistons. It won't win awards from most but I did it and that motor is probably still running today lol.....
Thx for the motivation. I decided to just use the 3.79" crank with TRW L2405F pistons and thin head gasket .028", and speed Master Aluminum 65cc closed chamber heads...uneducated guess will put me @ a hopeful 9.5- 9.8 cr...I am sure some expert out there will correct me on this statement.

3.79" crank with TRW L2405F pistons and thin 0.028" head gasket and Speed Master 65cc closed chamber aluminum heads, uneducated guess will hopefully put me @ 9.5-9.8 cr.

But I am still gonna saw off a dome on some cheap $15 new pistons I got on eBay, just because I can...It will display my beautiful precision band saw. And untold possibiltys.

can i get an update on when we can expect to see the beautiful precision ban saw?

are you still going to cut the domes off some cheap ebay pistons?

inquiring minds and all that...

Thx for the motivation. I decided to just use the 3.79" crank with TRW L2405F pistons and thin head gasket .028", and speed Master Aluminum 65cc closed chamber heads...uneducated guess will put me @ a hopeful 9.5- 9.8 cr...I am sure some expert out there will correct me on this statement.

Your car, your way. It's your situation to figure out.....

Here's one that will make the experts cringe. A very well known Winston Cup V-6 builder had a Cylinder head guy (now passed) that made me a Fly cutter out of a Valve to install a different profile Camshaft in a motor maybe 35 years ago. Did it in the car. That motor did everything we needed it to do and never had a problem.

My point is sometimes even people who have everything to do work that I never could knew a different way to skin a squirrel....

JW

Here we go, Will send a few more when I get the pistons from my neighbor, when he home tonight. He has my mail/ packages. Sincerely Jesse.

-
Back