Use a table ban saw to hack off the 340 piston crown .

-
Pm me your address , if you got what I need and I will mail you this R&D piston. Trusting you to mail back the box with my micrometers.

Your to smart 340six..be quiet....unless you have some specifics about scats 4" forged crank . How much does the machinist remove and where, if useing 715 gram rods and bolts and stock TRW Forged flat top pistons weighing??? How deep and wide are the holes....or, hell I would just be satisfied if someone could give me the accurate grams of one of those pistons/is .030" over with rings.
Get get yourself a set of triple beams and start weighing em up, if Ya got em! Otherwise contact to manufacturers and if that's not possible because they're a discontinued piston start a separate post on them hopefully someone will reply with the correct information at this point your info is being buried in here

Get get yourself a set of triple beams and start weighing em up, if Ya got em! Otherwise contact to manufacturers and if that's not possible because they're a discontinued piston start a separate post on them hopefully someone will reply with the correct information at this point your info is being buried in here
Junkyardhero got me the specs on my pistons, pins, and rings already.

I don't think anybody could find stuff like you did from the sanctioned racing bodies....
it's publicly available information that two seconds of google can turn up. really, nothing that requires more than opening another tab and specific search terms.

You got an outside micrometer 4" - 5" you can trade even?

This is what I use to hold pistons I’m grinding on. To get them tightened up properly put a set of Vice grips on the barrel and it gives you more torque (that word excites me) to hold the piston so I won’t move.

This is what I use to hold pistons I’m grinding on. To get them tightened up properly put a set of Vice grips on the barrel and it gives you more torque (that word excites me) to hold the piston so I won’t move.
Outside mics are really just glorified c-clamps anyway. :rofl:

I'm still stuck on the fact he wants to trade what he calls a "junk" piston he got for less than $10, for a usable 4-5" outside mic. Yep, even Steven.

I'm still stuck on the fact he wants to trade what he calls a "junk" piston he got for less than $10, for a usable 4-5" outside mic. Yep, even Steven.
No worry's, Walmart has the micrometer for $26.00...and that piston that says R&D might be a collectors item in a few years worth more.

Yep, 26 dollar micrometers from wally world are known for their accuracy. Then again, accuracy isn't exactly your middle name now, is it?

Sooo, a SNAP ON eeler gauge is gonna be a different thickness useing a wally micrometer?
Oh absolutely. Everyone knows you can't measure Snap On gauges using wally mics.

I see you already have an indicator, but do you own a micrometer?

-
Back