Use Mopar brand wiper arm bushings. Don't waste your time with others

-

Lasalle

Reaction score
I bought some cheap wiper arm bushings from Ebay. Youtube and this forum said to press them in with an 11/16" socket and a vise. The plastic was too hard and that method actually deformed the steel on the arm. I tried boiling them in water and that did not work either.
I bought some different ones at a Dodge dealer at a much higher price. These came with white grease on them, the plastic was slightly softer, and they had a slight tan tint. These installed in the arm and in the car like they are supposed to. I asked for a refund from the ebay seller. Why do they sell the cheap ones? Why do they even manufacture them? They do not work.
MOPAR # 3799089

Last edited:
Sorry about that, Mopar part Number is 3799089. The guy at the Dodge dealer parts counter did not even have to look it up. He knew by looking at the number what it was.

I dropped the Ebay ones in hot water to soften, then pressed them in with the socket. That was 11 years ago and so far do good.

I dropped the Ebay ones in hot water to soften, then pressed them in with the socket. That was 11 years ago and so far do good.
In that 11 years the "ebay ones" may have been passed on through 11586942 little back yard china sheds with a different little guy filing them out. QC. That is a large part of the problem

For a part that is as difficult to install as a wiper bushing if the factory part is still available, I would defiantly use the Mopar ones. Also, I had to replace these on my sons Dodge Dakota years back and recall that there were 2 different bushings anyone else recall that?

-
Back