Using lead to fill trim holes

-
Is that Bondo? Never heard of it, just thought lead was going to be the best for longterm durability.

Both 3M and Lord Fusor make an epoxy panel bond adhesive. It's totally water proof and I've used it to fill holes before. Just make sure the area is well sanded and you can dimple a flush area so that when you block it, you don't sand it all away on top.

Panel bond adhesive works as well as it does because of the surface area that is usually involved. For filling holes the surface area of the bonding area would be pretty small, so I seriously doubt that the panel bond would achieve the strengths that are quoted for it. Not say it can't/won't work, but I'm not sure I would trust it to hold up long term.

DSCN2270.JPG
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Bought this kit from Eastwood and it had everything I needed. The half round file was by far used more than anything, including the file included in the kit. Body panels are next.

Someone help me figure out putting pics into posts. I thought I had done it in the past but it has been one failure after another for a while.

OK, maybe now. Bear with me if this doesn’t work.

Attachments

• DSCN2266.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN2267.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN2268.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2269.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN2270.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 84
-