USPS…….HOW MUCH?

-
Drivers for fedex are stupid, if you want your package to get where its going, ship usps. You can get an exact price on their website. For the larger stuff, Fastenal 3rd party shipping but your going to have to build a crate with a pallet like base cause they load the truck with a forklift and nothing else.
For work, parts were shipped to us via DHL. About once a month the shipment would not arrive. The people I worked for had signed an agreement that the driver could sign for the delivery. When questioned if they delivered, they would bring out their book and show their signature. Next question was where did you deliver it to? Sometimes it got found at another shop and they might phone. I think some the competition kept as "free parts", all instrumentation stuff so expensive. Some of this could hold up getting a facility back online. Some suppliers would ship UPS or FedEx, but some only used DHL. Of course the oilfield rednecks blame you for not getting the parts. Drive you mad as a rabid badger!

Drivers for fedex are stupid, if you want your package to get where its going, ship usps. You can get an exact price on their website. For the larger stuff, Fastenal 3rd party shipping but your going to have to build a crate with a pallet like base cause they load the truck with a forklift and nothing else.
I don't know about stupid, as I've only had an issue with one UPS driver [got him fired]. Money is the issue that seems to drive most opinions about pkg delivery. However, I have seen the USPS losing mail, more frequently these days. I sent a check to a friend, one state away. After a month I had to send another. Two months after receiving the second check, he received the first one.
I await a check from a member of this site. He sent a second one [5 days ago] after several weeks. I haven't received] it yet.

Almost 2 months to get a box from Colorado to Canada. It spent almost 6 weeks going around in circles between 3 cities in California.

Just ordered some wire terminals today.......$24 shipping from the US, and free from China.

I can hardly wait to get this damn car finished.
Yes, trying to get stuff shipped to Canada is a total pain. Between The Left Dishonourable Prime Peckerhead of Canada, daesh Dustbin Turdo and the lieberloon ratz in DC, it is not improving. Bad enough on exchange rates on the dollar. Then shipping has gone up with Turdo's idiot carbon tax and then if shipped USPS/Canada Post you get hit with duty, even on antique auto parts. I thought with NAFTA, that antique parts were exempt. Parts originally manufactured in the US were exempt, but if they were imported by a manufacturer from an offshore manufacturer you had to pay the duty as if you imported from the country of origin.
Got into this 25 years ago when SLP was doing the Firebird Firehawk conversions for the General. The factory installed wheels and tires were removed at SLP and other wheels and tires were installed. US price was $500, so I tried to order a set to put on my S15. As soon as they found out I was in Canada they directed me to a company in Montreal. Their price was over $1500. Dollar exchange and shipping costs did not account for the inflation. Then they rattled off customs and duty. Them boys was padding their profits. If I had known someone in the US willing to forward them to me, I could have saved about $400. That ended that deal.

I don't know about stupid, as I've only had an issue with one UPS driver [got him fired]. Money is the issue that seems to drive most opinions about pkg delivery. However, I have seen the USPS losing mail, more frequently these days. I sent a check to a friend, one state away. After a month I had to send another. Two months after receiving the second check, he received the first one.
I await a check from a member of this site. He sent a second one [5 days ago] after several weeks. I haven't received] it yet.
Courier services. My Dad worked for the Alberta provincial government. They sent and received a lot of legal documents, all sent by courier whether 2 blocks away or across the country.
When I was a young man many moons ago, Canada Post came out with a guarantee that if you mailed something by 10 AM, delivery was guaranteed the next day anywhere in Canada. Then they got sorting machines and you likely do not get it the same week! Excuse is people put oversize stuff in envelopes that get stuck in the machines. Well toss the machines and go back to hand sorting. Pretty much any grade 6 kid should be able to do that.

Yes, I agree that USPS has its problems, but alot less than private shippers in my experience. Fedex delivering to the wrong address or not delivering at all that I have to drive 30 miles out of my way to pick up at a distribution center cause their driver can’t figure out my shipping address is a mail drop that they are an authorized shipper for is totally unacceptable. I mean they stop there 3-4 times every day to pick up packages.

-
Back