UTG caught and guilty ?? More evidence coming in....

-
I admit I could tone it down a bit for 273. Instead of saying "Uncle Tony is a hack who butchers everything he touches and then lies and throws others under the bus" I could just say "UTG lacks competence and turns out substandard work if one would call it work at all, while making bogus claims that lack integrity..." still a bit much? ok Ill rethink it...:)

Yeah alot of pissing and moaning in here especially when it comes to 318s in general. Face it 318 owners are financially challenged folks who want to be recognized as true performance oriented car guys. A true performance guy learned years ago that a 318 isn't what you want and moved on to a 340, built 360 or big block Mopar...but none of it matters now in 2022 its nostalgia, if you aren't racing and proving it doesn't matter...that's why UTG gets away with his schtick. Piss and moan all you want 318 guys you know its truth...:thumbsup:

you gotta admit the process he used for welding that cracked block up should tell you lots .

you gotta admit the process he used for welding that cracked block up should tell you lots .
From what I understand and I cant say for sure because I don't watch him I hear it secondhand but, UTG welded that block with a crappy HF Flux welder. Then declared it a success. Pro welders commented on his video that "as soon as you add coolant it will leak" UTG deleted the comments said he succeeded, but never pout coolant in the block to check for leaks. Now a typical UTG cop out is he will say "oh well I am going to use block filler in it anyway so it doesn't matter...?" Ok then why weld it? This is typical Uncle Tony in a nutshell and i dont see why others aren't catching on. Nick Panaritis a professional, his channel is "nicks garage" he has a similar situation with a 413 Chrysler. He is replacing the block why? he does this for a living and knows welding a cast iron engine block that needs to hold coolant doesnt work.

I admit I could tone it down a bit for 273. Instead of saying "Uncle Tony is a hack who butchers everything he touches and then lies and throws others under the bus" I could just say "UTG lacks competence and turns out substandard work if one would call it work at all, while making bogus claims that lack integrity..." still a bit much? ok Ill rethink it...:)
Well thanks I guess :) you can call tony whatever you want just wish you'd only do once or twice per thread, I've given up on that you do you
Yeah alot of pissing and moaning in here especially when it comes to 318s in general. Face it 318 owners are financially challenged folks who want to be recognized as true performance oriented car guys. A true performance guy learned years ago that a 318 isn't what you want and moved on to a 340, built 360 or big block Mopar...but none of it matters now in 2022 its nostalgia, if you aren't racing and proving it doesn't matter...that's why UTG gets away with his schtick. Piss and moan all you want 318 guys you know its truth...:thumbsup:
When comes to 318s don't see anyone saying there better than 340/360 just some want build /6 273/318 for whatever reason and as long they know the negatives, people are just saying help the OP or get out of the way. From what I've seen 90% just want to add cam and 4bbl to a running 318 and for those that want more it's not like a 318 can't be made to run. It can take all the same parts basically, with same stroke there's only about 15 cid difference a 360 would be 333 with a 3.31 stroke and a 318 would be a 344 with a 3.58 stroke.

Last edited:

Yeah alot of pissing and moaning in here especially when it comes to 318s in general. Face it 318 owners are financially challenged folks who want to be recognized as true performance oriented car guys. A true performance guy learned years ago that a 318 isn't what you want and moved on to a 340, built 360 or big block Mopar...but none of it matters now in 2022 its nostalgia, if you aren't racing and proving it doesn't matter...that's why UTG gets away with his schtick. Piss and moan all you want 318 guys you know

From what I understand and I cant say for sure because I don't watch him I hear it secondhand but, UTG welded that block with a crappy HF Flux welder. Then declared it a success. Pro welders commented on his video that "as soon as you add coolant it will leak" UTG deleted the comments said he succeeded, but never pout coolant in the block to check for leaks. Now a typical UTG cop out is he will say "oh well I am going to use block filler in it anyway so it doesn't matter...?" Ok then why weld it? This is typical Uncle Tony in a nutshell and i dont see why others aren't catching on. Nick Panaritis a professional, his channel is "nicks garage" he has a similar situation with a 413 Chrysler. He is replacing the block why? he does this for a living and knows welding a cast iron engine block that needs to hold coolant doesnt work.
How come he welded up a Hemi head, and another block for a customer? Hmm I think the customer with the 413 wanted the same year block for the car had nothing to do with cast iron welding integrity nice try though.

Well thanks I guess :) you can call tony whatever you want just wish you'd only do once or twice per thread, I've given up on that you do you

When comes to 318s don't see anyone saying there better than 340/360 just some want build /6 273/318 for whatever reason and as long they know the negatives, people are just saying help the OP or get out of the way. From what I've seen 90% just want to add cam and 4bbl to a running 318 and for those that want more it's not like a 318 can't be made to run. It can take all the same parts basically, with same stroke there's only about 15 cid difference a 360 would be 333 with a 3.31 stroke and a 318 would be a 344 with a 3.58 stroke.
I had to "un-ignore" for a minute to see which "occupied mind" you were addressing. LOL.... no surprise, last time I made this mistake he was wanting to meet a guy and fight at a mopar event like a half a year away ?? :D Ok, I have a button to hit, carry on 273 and enjoy ....
:lol:

I had to "un-ignore" for a minute to see which "occupied mind" you were addressing. LOL.... no surprise, last time I made this mistake he was wanting to meet a guy and fight at a mopar event like a half a year away ?? :D Ok, I have a button to hit, carry on 273 and enjoy ....
318 you are lying i never mentioned fighting i said discussing in person i also offered to meet the pussy at the Canadian border when he complaine dabout "driving for hours" either way he chickened out you all talk **** on the web but you are all a bunch of pussies mentally and physically 318 WR...you especially seem like you are mentally retarded. Iownt offer to colke to iowa you arent worth it you fat cheeseburger eating moron.

Last edited:
318 you are lying i never mentioned fighting i said discussing in person i also offered to meet the pussy at the Canadian border when he complaine dabout "driving for hours" either way he chickened out you all talk **** on the web but you are all a bunch of pussies mentally and physically 318 WR...you especially seem like you are mentally retarded. Iownt offer to colke to iowa you arent worth it you fat cheeseburger eating moron.
Sorry but you need a time out. See you next year!

I don't see where you are coming from when you say 318 owners are financially challenged. I chose to put a 318 in my 67 GT "decoy" because it is one of the most dependable along with slant engine that Mopar ever built. I also have a 499" my 67 GTS so my choosing to use 318" had nothing to do with finances, Joe

LMFAO

Are threads here that contain Uncle Tony, 318 vs 340/360 going to be moved to N&P? lol

I don't see where you are coming from when you say 318 owners are financially challenged. I chose to put a 318 in my 67 GT "decoy" because it is one of the most dependable along with slant engine that Mopar ever built. I also have a 499" my 67 GTS so my choosing to use 318" had nothing to do with finances, Joe
I don't have the knowledge and experience that alot of you guys have, but I've always liked the 318's,I know that the 360's are a good engine too it's just that I've been around the 318 more.

I don't have the knowledge and experience that alot of you guys have, but I've always liked the 318's,I know that the 360's are a good engine too it's just that I've been around the 318 more.
There's advantages to running more displacement aka 360 over 318 especially in the street. Mainly needing less rpm gear stall and better idle manners for a similar power if your good with that and 318 is your thing nothing wrong with that. A 360 gonna need more gear stall rpm than a big block so really 440 should be the minimum to start with :)

That's sounds vaguely familiar :)

There's advantages to running more displacement aka 360 over 318 especially in the street. Mainly needing less rpm gear stall and better idle manners for a similar power if your good with that and 318 is your thing nothing wrong with that. A 360 gonna need more gear stall rpm than a big block so really 440 should be the minimum to start with :)
:rofl: :rofl:Why stop there. How about a V16 Hemi aircraft engine. 2200 cubes and 2500 horsepower.

1671827128922.png

:lol: AS more and more threads keep popping up ..... this site will soon be called "FOR UTG ONLY" :D

Read this post from back to front today, it is just as funny > maybe even more funny than reading it front to back.

Thanks for posting, feels good to laugh.

☆☆☆☆☆

-
Back