UUrffff.. appendicitis SUCKS!!!!

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
yup sure does. I just though I had constipation. (never had it before so I didn't know)
then the temps went up and the wife ran me to the ER. yup I was a sick puppy. temp of 105.9 and puking my brains out. it sucked but I still figured it was constipation or bad flu..WRONG. I had appendicitis and it ruptured on me I was lucky to get out alive. I went in on last week monday, had surgery and the Doc said I was a luck fella since it had ruptured about 20 hours or so ago and could/would have killed me. Just got out on the 20th and feel like I've been beat withiin an inch of my life. this is a rough thing to happen for sure and I can sympathize with all who have had theirs taken out. so for no I'm allowed enforced bed rest and if I can see/swipe the keyboard I might be able to get on here a bit more since I can only stand up for a couple of minutes or so..

Wow. You're lucky that you caught it in time.

Take your time and heal properly. Don't over-exert yourself.

You must have one helluva pain threshold. I heard those are really painful even BEFORE it bursts!

That blows. Daddy had it and didn't know it until TWO DAYS after it burst. The doc said had he waited another 8 hours he wouldda been dead meat. Funny too......he had back trouble all his life until after that. He never had another back pain again. Strange.

One of my ex bosses had his out and was back to work the next day. Had two little bitty cuts in his side you could barely see 'em

You're a lucky man.I lost a BIL in 1978 from a ruptured appendix.He was only 22 years old.Take care of your self and glad you are on the mend.

thanks guys.
I sure do appreciate the thoughts.
I really though that's what being constipated felt like. pain was a ***** but I had food poisoning that was pretty bad a couple years ago (can't even think of sushi :pukeleft:as food anymore, first and last try at that)and just figured it was a bad gas attack. Shaking and fevers was actually worse for me than the pain, I shook out of bed twice when having those 45 minute attacks and going from my house to Brooksville hospital takes about 57 minutes of solid puking if it bursts on ya. I even saw some of the trails I made 10 days later turning into the damn parking lot.:D stubborn a$$ stuff!

I sure wish it had been done by them 2 little cuts. But since it burst they had to do a bit more than the little cuts by chasing bits of me that went everywhere and the infection just went crazy. they gave me so much antibiotics that I was spitting,sweating, pooping and pissing it out. my tongue didn't like to get near any part of my mouth. $@%$@#$
I still gag at the smell of antibiotic meds now.

I still have to go get infusions for the next 10 days at the outpatient center before they sign off on me, but my white cell count has been going down back to normal of about 11.2 parts per million from almost triple that.

That blows. Daddy had it and didn't know it until TWO DAYS after it burst. The doc said had he waited another 8 hours he wouldda been dead meat. Funny too......he had back trouble all his life until after that. He never had another back pain again. Strange.

yup doc told me that I waited a little too long too it's best to catch it early. but truthfully I had no Idea and though I was just a little sick. I was in the 48-60 hour after burst too and both your Daddy AND I am extremely luck to be alive. I wouldn't mind my back feeling a little better either. so maybe some good ()other than being alive) will come of it.

You must have one helluva pain threshold. I heard those are really painful even BEFORE it bursts!

Everyone told me it would be painful, but seriously it hurt but felt like a gas cramp that I couldn't shake and wouldn't go away. I've had a bad beer gas attack from my stupid younger days drinking everything in the house after an all night long party that I figured I just got some bad food or beer and was paying for it. now when the doc touched the lower right side of my stomach(that HURT BAD)........ well I came right up off the table about 6 inches and they had the table moving into surgery as soon as I hit it again. a 20 minute Laparoscopic surgery (missed them 2 little cuts darnit)turned into a 4 hour surgery.

-
Back