V-nose or flat faced....

V-nose or flat faced?

• Total voters
-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Started a thread about enclosed trailers...
Enclosed car hauler...
Would like to thank those who have contributed. Next question is v-nosed or flat faced?
I have decided I will be getting a 24' trailer. They are pricey up this way. I found the company in Douglas Georgia on EBAY.
8.5X24 V-NOSE ENCLOSED CAR HAULER TRAILER 5200 LB AXLES 1 PC ROOF RADIAL TIRES | eBay
Need to do the math but it will probably cost me less to go pick it up myself than pay to get it shipped.
Not a bad deal for $4550.
Quick Craigslist hunt turned up nothing used in our area. Expand the search area and I found a few trailers. None had a v-nose. One of the 24' ones was in Phoenix. 4k for a trailer with some rigged up lighting and shelves...trailer was built in 89 I think. Had the lighter axles. It was a flat front as well. Did find a 20' one about 40 miles from us. Was a 98 I think. Light axles. Had a generator. Flat front...was asking 8k...
So what's the deal with the v-nose? Read on a forum someplace that they move around when getting passed by a semi.
If I do get the EBay trailer, and pick it up, they will get me a 30 day temporary tag. I have all my junk registered under an LLC in Montana. No sales tax. May have to make a trip to Flathead county, but it is a day trip...

That's sweet for the price! Go get it! The v gives a small amount of extra room but does not add much else "IMO". It would take a year of pulling 2 styles to determine that.
For that price with smooth sides I would jump on it!

Edit.

Seems it is seemed like mine but worth that price!

Last edited:
I like the black, my 2000 Dually was flame Red and the new Ram is a black beauty! I wish I had ordered one of those black trailers now. I got mine in Pewter!

I've had both. My new one is a V nose. The extra space is free, and it makes for mounting the winch out of the way.

I personally would get a V nose for aerodynamics, more room, and again personally for snowmobiles in the winter it would be great!

I personally would get a V nose for aerodynamics, more room, and again personally for snowmobiles in the winter it would be great!
++++
agree w/ this post. I knew a guy that built his own dragster trailers. He ended up building and
adding a v nose to the next to the last one. Helped the aerodynamics some, as stated above.

If you are going 24', get the V nose. Go for any extra space you can get. In a couple of years you'll be kicking yourself for not going bigger like a 26 or 28 footer

That's sweet for the price! Go get it! The v gives a small amount of extra room but does not add much else "IMO". It would take a year of pulling 2 styles to determine that.
For that price with smooth sides I would jump on it!

Edit.

Seems it is seemed like mine but worth that price!
By seamed I am guessing you mean the roof? Spoke with them yesterday, she told me it was one piece...

Last edited:
By seamed I am guessing you mean the roof? Spoke with them yesterday, she told me it was one piece...

Hard to tell from the pic, one piece sides are much better! Mine is 4' panel sections (seemed). That's a great buy! Get it.

Hey Doug I drive right by the Cynergy trailer factory in Douglas every time I go to the hunting camp. To bad you don't live by me, I could pick it up for you.

Hey Doug I drive right by the Cynergy trailer factory in Douglas every time I go to the hunting camp. To bad you don't live by me, I could pick it up for you.
Will give you some cheese if you deliver it...lol...
Really don't understand some folks. Found a flat nose 24'. 1994. Light axles. Thrown together shelves. $6500. Floor looks like oil changes were done with no catch pan.

Will give you some cheese if you deliver it...lol...
Really don't understand some folks. Found a flat nose 24'. 1994. Light axles. Thrown together shelves. $6500. Floor looks like oil changes were done with no catch pan.
That is why I bought a new one. Every used one I looked at was beat up and they seem to want top dollar.

next trailer I get will most likely be a V design as I'm looking at a couple models that have a small shower in that area. I bought a brand new Haulmark 24' Elite II for 7K back in 97. Sold it three years ago in about 2hrs for 5K.

trailers, like many things, are advertised at "X" price. Call them up and you'll find there are quite a few "upgrades" you can add on which of course will drive the price up some. Ours had wide side door, beaver tail, generator door, roof vents, 5K over the 3K axles. enclosed trailers are nice.

Last edited:
If you're looking at a v-nose and plan on using aWD set-up make sure the tongue is long enough to mount the lift brackets for your bars. I looked at one today with the standard length tongue and it was a few inches short of mounting the lift brackets.
Good point, forgot to mention that above. When I ordered my trailer, I ordered it with a one foot longer tongue.

There is no way your going to be able to use weight distribution bars and a V-nose without a longer tongue. Actually, that should be automatic when buying a V-nose.

I'm glad I learned that by only driving an hour to look at one as apposed to driving all the way to Georgia to find that out! (wife would have shot me)

If you're looking at a v-nose and plan on using aWD set-up make sure the tongue is long enough to mount the lift brackets for your bars. I looked at one today with 24" V and the standard length tongue and it was a few inches short of mounting the lift brackets. A shallower V might be Ok.
Thanks for the advice. I use AWD with my open trailer all the time. With folks using studs in the winter a lot of the roads have pretty noticeable ruts. When I pick up our 4 tons of pellets every year without the AWD the trailer would hunt without the bars.
Good point, forgot to mention that above. When I ordered my trailer, I ordered it with a one foot longer tongue.
I will be asking about this.

I'm glad I learned that by only driving an hour to look at one as apposed to driving all the way to Georgia to find that out! (wife would have shot me)
I would probably shoot myself...lol...

Anybody want to check it out for me?

If you're looking at a v-nose and plan on using aWD set-up make sure the tongue is long enough to mount the lift brackets for your bars. I looked at one today with 24" V and the standard length tongue and it was a few inches short of mounting the lift brackets. A shallower V might be Ok.
If I read everything right these trailers are Diamond Cargo.
Cargo Trailers For Sale In Douglas, GA | Diamond Cargo Outlet
Extended tongue is a recommended option. Can't thank you enough for your input...

I just ordered (today) a 8.5'x22' flat front,radials.led's,5k torsion axles,atp covered ramp,54" left side escape door,flow through vents and stabilizer jacks from cargo country for $5375 in metallic pewter. I almost bought aluminum for 3x the price without the escape door. Most of these ebay trailers are 3.5k axles. Curb weight on an empty trailer (steel) is listed over 3000#'s add things and a car and your overweight. The bigger the trailer the more space for stuff and added weight.Phil the sales guy says uship is very negotiable with deliveries

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I use AWD with my open trailer all the time. With folks using studs in the winter a lot of the roads have pretty noticeable ruts. When I pick up our 4 tons of pellets every year without the AWD the trailer would hunt without the bars.

Most of the newer trailers have very shallow v noses, so this may not be a problem with the weight distributing bars, but measure first! On my 2000 model I was able to trim the aluminum slightly and used the bolt on hooks to the frame. More trouble to hook up the chains (have to use a jack) but works just fine.

Flat face.........

20170717_201454_resized.jpg

20170717_201511_resized.jpg

20170717_201537_resized.jpg

-
Back