{{{{ valiant build update }}}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
Well have gathered up enough parts and pieces to do a little mock-up on the valiant....cut-out the trans tunnel today for the 4-speed and slid the motor and tranny in for a trial fit....fits like a glove....so far so good
luck.gif

Buddy dropped of a 360 block today also....if it ck's out, looks like an upgrade from the 318/390 to 360/408 is in the future plans....again
luck.gif

Also scored a brand new never mounted race-weight fiberglass hood, so I won't have to carve up the stock hood
thumbs.gif

DSC07087.jpg

DSC07088.jpg

DSC07085.jpg

DSC07090.jpg

DSC07098.jpg

DSC07100.jpg

Also flipped the front spring hangers and installed 2" lowering blocks, it's sitting just about the way I want it to now or will once I replace the 23" stock front tires...lol

Rickster

just an observation, but your putting in lots of HP and going to rely on old single cylinder braking? Should you not think about dual cylinder braking for safety, maybe front disc Brakes? That was one of the first things I did on my 65 cuda was upgrade brakes to stop better in todays crowded roads with stupid aggresive drivers talking on cell phones all the time! Looks like it will be a fun ride though!

just an observation, but your putting in lots of HP and going to rely on old single cylinder braking? Should you not think about dual cylinder braking for safety, maybe front disc Brakes? That was one of the first things I did on my 65 cuda was upgrade brakes to stop better in todays crowded roads with stupid aggresive drivers talking on cell phones all the time! Looks like it will be a fun ride though!

Thanks, just haven't got that far yet, of course the brakes will get upgraded to Dual Res MC, Front Discs (rears later) ....... I see more d-azz's texting while driving, that really gets me :spiderma:

Rickster

man I love this car! As it sits it would be the perfect sleeper if the tunnel ram didn't give it away.
-Tim

Lookin good!Just finished a transformation myself on a 66 Dart.I,m almost in the 10,s,hopefully this weekend will hit 10.99 LOL.Any questions,feel free to PM.
DSC_0435.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 207.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 196.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 207.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 196.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Lookin good!Just finished a transformation myself on a 66 Dart.I,m almost in the 10,s,hopefully this weekend will hit 10.99 LOL.Any questions,feel free to PM.

One ???? for now.....who's headers are those and what size....?????

Rickster

looks good man! nice solid start! keep it up, what are your plans?

Thanks, as far as plans, I'm looking to keep it old school, no minitub, some skinny ansen's up front (missed the 15x4's a member had on the bag...bummer) and 8" steelies out back w/MT 9" DR's.

Just scored a nice race-weight fiberglass hood to poke the carbs through.

It has an 8 3/4 SureGrip in it, will go to a 4.10 over the 3.23's and looking to paint it B5 Blue.

Upgrade the door panels, new carpet, headliner, pull the heater controls and fill in the holes and radio for a nice smooth look, keep the stock gauges, add some old school oil temp and pressure gauges as well as an old school sun tack.

Going to widen the radiator support for a larger radiator, fill in all the holes and smooth out the engine compartment.

I also just scored a really nice Hurst Ramrod Shifter with the correct linkage for the early-a 8)

Getting stoked 8)

Thanks to all for the kind words, it's great to be back hotrodding a mopar again.....!!!!!!!!

Rickster

-
Back