Valiant Sedan Delivery

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on these? I understand they were made for Bell Telephone back in 60-61-62? Photos, specs, anything?

A member on here Bill Adams had one back in the day. Maybe he has a picture. I believe they were custom modified for the phone company like you said. Jayson

They were difinately custom. They didn't come like that from the factory. I would think somethin like that wouldda been possible down under, though. Never seen one, but that certainly means nothing not.

A member on here Bill Adams had one back in the day. Maybe he has a picture. I believe they were custom modified for the phone company like you said. Jayson

How do I find him? Can you PM him if you know his contact info?

They were difinately custom. They didn't come like that from the factory. I would think somethin like that wouldda been possible down under, though. Never seen one, but that certainly means nothing not.

Not here....all we got were sedans...no wagons, no 2 doors.
Although, I saw a 65 model Valiant ( here was called an AP6 ) panel van, that was an Ambulance.......very, very rare.

Not here....all we got were sedans...no wagons, no 2 doors.
Although, I saw a 65 model Valiant ( here was called an AP6 ) panel van, that was an Ambulance.......very, very rare.

Any Pictures? Anybody else have any information?

Growing up I had a neighbor who was a service tech for National Cash Register and had a '65 Valiant sedan delivery wagon as his service vehicle. Bin racks lined the walls inside. I don't remember if it was a 2dr or a 4dr. He was on call 24/7 so the wagon was always around. Color was a washed out brown. He was a leading cause in my 45 year saga with a-bodies.

Growing up I had a neighbor who was a service tech for National Cash Register and had a '65 Valiant sedan delivery wagon as his service vehicle. Bin racks lined the walls inside. I don't remember if it was a 2dr or a 4dr. He was on call 24/7 so the wagon was always around. Color was a washed out brown. He was a leading cause in my 45 year saga with a-bodies.

Any pictures? Do you think the delivery was factory or something custom done? Thanks for the info!

When I had talked to Bill Adams who had one he told me they were modified factory cars by some place for the phone companys. Jayson

Any pictures? Do you think the delivery was factory or something custom done? Thanks for the info!

Many years ago, I believe it was Mopar Collectors Guide (or possibly Mopar Muscle) that did an article on one of the phone company sedan delivery conversions. The car in the article was the 60-62 body style and had been heavilly modified and tubbed as I recall. I remember it was blue and I think it was at the Nationals at one time maybe 10 years ago.

I am not sure if he still has one but did at one time, A place in Ohio called Custom Chrome ( not the Motorcycle stuff) John Wright was his name and he is the owner. They used to advertise in Hemmings. I never looked if they are on line.

Here is a pic of my 62 Valiant Sedan Delivery converted by Creative Industries for the Gas Company in Detroit. I installed a 383 and a B body rear axle back in 1970.

Attachments

• rsz_31.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,705
Man that is cool! Looks like the munster mobile. Jayson

It is interesting how they were converted. The rear doors were left intact with the hinges and latches, then gap welded to the quarter panel and rocker area! Then they were metal finished. A sheet metal panel was added over the side window area that was attached with rivets. Then a narrow stainless molding was installed to hide the rivets!

In 1968 my friends Dad worked for an implement and auto parts store in Storm Lake IA. They had a Valiant Sedan Delivery for delivering parts to area farmers. It was a pale green color. I would guess it had previously belonged the phone company or a utility.

Here is a pic of the only other one that I have seen, he was at the Mopar Nats pitted next to me...very cool car!!

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,763
R&R Resin has a model, they call it the "Phantom Delivery"

Attachments

• 1497.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,360
-
Back