Valiant Sedan Delivery

-
View attachment xb.jpg
This is the Ford Panel van of the same era. The Mad Max van is a General Motors offering. The Ford had 250 cu six, 302cu V8 and 351 V8 options while the Holden had 202 cu six, 253 V8 and 308 V8 option. The Chrysler offered 245 and 265 cu sixes and 318 V8 options, there may have been the odd 340 as well! At the time vans were a HOT item in OZ and all offered numerious options.

Here are some pics of the Goodguys Valiant...

Attachments

• 1107sr_25_z+barry_cawley_1962_plymouth_panel_truck+street_rodder_columbus_top_100.JPG.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 880
More Pics...

Attachments

• 1107sr_28_z+barry_cawley_1962_plymouth_panel_truck+street_rodder_columbus_top_100.JPG.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 914
  • 1107sr_26_z+barry_cawley_1962_plymouth_panel_truck+street_rodder_columbus_top_100.JPG.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 1107sr_27_z+barry_cawley_1962_plymouth_panel_truck+street_rodder_columbus_top_100.JPG.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,076
Hey Bill
I am looking at the sedan delivery roof lines VS the station wagon roof and there is a ton of difference at the top. How did they do that metal work at the top? The drip rail dips down and then comes back up on a 4 door wagon. You would think there would be all kinds of warping if they welded it there. And how did they do it at the back near the roll up rear window? Do you remember?

I don't remember how it was attached at the drip rail area...I do remember that underneath the stainless moulding at the belt line was a long row of pop rivets holding the "new" sheet metal to the body lower panels. However it was welded and metal finished where it curved around the back of the car. Here is a link to Barry Cawley's Delivery wagon. He will be at the Mopar Nats this weekend, I am hoping to see him there!
http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6739274/miscellaneous/ppg-goodguys-plymouth-valiant/index.html

I don't remember how it was attached at the drip rail area...I do remember that underneath the stainless moulding at the belt line was a long row of pop rivets holding the "new" sheet metal to the body lower panels. However it was welded and metal finished where it curved around the back of the car. Here is a link to Barry Cawley's Delivery wagon. He will be at the Mopar Nats this weekend, I am hoping to see him there!
http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6739274/miscellaneous/ppg-goodguys-plymouth-valiant/index.html

If you talk with him, could you ask him what he did about rear tglass rubber channel? Mine is worn pretty good. Any photos you can get showing the construction would be cool to! Thanks Bill!

I see what you're saying about the drip rail but looking at the back of the roof and the shape of the tail gate, I still think they are made from a wagon! It would be less work to change the drip rail than make a tail gate then make a wagon style roof including the overhang above the tail gate. What does everybody else think? A wagon would be the way I would go to build one! Just need the lotto win!!

I'm up to scaraficing my 62 wagon for this if anyone wants to help / do the body work.
These are too cool. I would really like to see it with a 2door model instead of a 4 door modified version. Which I know they never made a two door wagon, but it would look reallt cool.

Found some more shots of this delivery van. Have a look at the swage lines through the centre of the roof and the shape of the edge of the roof above the gutter, totally diferent to sedan. I'm now conviced these are wagon based not sedan. I couldn't see anyboby makeing a new roof, tail gate etc to convert a sedan when all you have to do is move the gutter to striaght though, weld the rear door shut and planel the side using a wagon!
View attachment 8.jpg

View attachment 9.jpg

View attachment 10.jpg

Found some more shots of this delivery van. Have a look at the swage lines through the centre of the roof and the shape of the edge of the roof above the gutter, totally diferent to sedan. I'm now conviced these are wagon based not sedan. I couldn't see anyboby makeing a new roof, tail gate etc to convert a sedan when all you have to do is move the gutter to striaght though, weld the rear door shut and planel the side using a wagon!
View attachment 264879

View attachment 264880

View attachment 264881

I agree Marty they were station wagons. But they did some serious work around the quater windows, unless there was a unique roof section for the delivery. That guy has a done a great job with that delivery.

View attachment 248999
This is the Ford Panel van of the same era. The Mad Max van is a General Motors offering. The Ford had 250 cu six, 302cu V8 and 351 V8 options while the Holden had 202 cu six, 253 V8 and 308 V8 option. The Chrysler offered 245 and 265 cu sixes and 318 V8 options, there may have been the odd 340 as well! At the time vans were a HOT item in OZ and all offered numerious options.

This reminds me of something off of Mad Max.

The red car was done really really nice. My hats off to them for the work they done on that.

I found these tonight
These are too cool!

Attachments

• 60SedanDelivery2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 438
  • 61SedanDelivery.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 61SedanDelivery2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 436
-
Back