Valve body

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but I removed my valve body in my 727 to replace the shift selector seal. I re installed it, and now the car will not go into gear. What did I do wrong? Did I not do something right with the rod into the gear paw? I just stuck the rod in the hole and thought that was it. It worked that way for my 2 kids at least.

Does the shifter not move or it moves but not engaging into gear?

Does the shifter not move or it moves but not engaging into gear?
Yes shifter moves. Won't go into gear. Has plenty of fluid in it. I'm sure I screwed something really simple up. Just don't know what yet. Wanted some input from the brain trust at FA-BO.

Does it have park?
I'm assuming you can feel the detents between gears. Now you get to remove the pan again and inspect the manual valve to linkage connection (possibly) not in the slot.
When you replaced the seal did you also replace the seal between the throttle lever and shifter pivot? You can also check out some you-tube videos.

So, shifter moves.....
Have you verified that goes in and out of Park when not running...cant move the car, etc.
How much fluid did you drain?? How much have you put back in?? Did it suck it up as you go thru the gears? Always check level in Neutral.

Does it have park?
I'm assuming you can feel the detents between gears. Now you get to remove the pan again and inspect the manual valve to linkage connection (possibly) not in the slot.
When you replaced the seal did you also replace the seal between the throttle lever and shifter pivot? You can also check out some you-tube videos.
I can feel the detents for sure. I think i wanna go with the linkage not in the slot. And yes I replaced both seals. Let me take it back out tomorrow and go from there. I will update.

-
Back