Valve ideas for ported 915 J's

-
Do you flow these afterward? or do they just "look good"?

They did not flow the heads he had but Cogswell does have a flow bench. I think it was more of a visual and the fact that he didn’t hit water “good”. Cogswell’s main business is Volvo Penta boat engines but they build a lot of engines. Mitch Cogswell is a LA Mopar guy. He has a Dart and I think a Barracuda.

On the heads I’ve got going right now I just want some blending and clean up. These are for a 408 Six Pack build. My dad didn’t want to do aluminum heads and wants to maintain the factory look for his ‘70 ‘cuda. I am giving him the heads, new H-beams, double roller timing chain, 73 360 block, new ARP main studs, and some other miscellaneous parts. He will be putting my Keisler TKO kit and driveshaft in it and I will be putting a T56 in my ‘cuda eventually. He’s ditching a hot 440 and automatic to go small block and manual.

They did not flow the heads he had but Cogswell does have a flow bench. I think it was more of a visual and the fact that he didn’t hit water “good”. Cogswell’s main business is Volvo Penta boat engines but they build a lot of engines. Mitch Cogswell is a LA Mopar guy. He has a Dart and I think a Barracuda.

On the heads I’ve got going right now I just want some blending and clean up. These are for a 408 Six Pack build. My dad didn’t want to do aluminum heads and wants to maintain the factory look for his ‘70 ‘cuda. I am giving him the heads, new H-beams, double roller timing chain, 73 360 block, new ARP main studs, and some other miscellaneous parts. He will be putting my Keisler TKO kit and driveshaft in it and I will be putting a T56 in my ‘cuda eventually. He’s ditching a hot 440 and automatic to go small block and manual.

I started with mopar and volvo. B230 is great motor, and I mean great.
Theyll hold you back without the proper work done, but you probably know that from reading. Let us know how it turns out.
Once you run them...then pull them and have them flowed...then fix them port by port to not go turbulent early and make then flow decent and equal...then bolt them on a run then again.... you'll never do it that way again.

Those B3 adaptors are just brilliant!

I have made my own before and wondered why no one had ever made any for the Mopar heads?

You avatar picture makes me feel queasy MoparOfficial...
That lump sticking up in the early S/B head, gives me the Heeby Jeebies...lol...

It reminds me of the infamous MINI head from British-Leyland-UK.
Heavily criticised by the also infamous David Vizard...

-
Back