Valve lash caps

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi all,My 340 is a little ticky..stock rockers etc.My engine builder told me to buy a set of valve lash caps and install them,that will quiet things down.My question is..How do you install them? Help an old dummy!! lol..My background is construction..lol..Thanks in advance..

More info would really help here.

I'm assuming you are running a hydraulic, flat tappet cam. Can't get enough pre-load on the lifters?

Are you sure your push-rods are right?

Anyway.... You need special retainers for lash caps.

Post as much as you can about what's going on. Some of these guys on here may have a better way to solve your problem.

I have used these. they simply snap right in top of the factory valve stems. you need to make sure the retainers are not interfering, but I have ran them for 100's of miles trouble free. this was on a hydraulic cam factory 360 before I put a set of adjustable 273 rockers on it. they come in different thicknesses so make sure you measure your existing lash and add around .020 for lifter preload

I,d look for some 273 adjustable rockers to replace stock stuff with.Always good to have incase a bigger cam swap.:D

-
Back