valve length.

-

Hipo65

Yeah I'm "That Guy"
Reaction score
Hey guys worken on a 70 383 hp & was wanting know what the maximum difference in the valve stems installed is. So other clown has been working on this before & using a stright edge across the stems.is .030! That sounds like too much to me for non adj rockers! All the intakes are a bit taller than the ex. valves .Some peopneed to nkt even bother worken on this stuff! Looks like my only way outta woodsis adjustable rockers & matching push rods? What do you think? Thanks.

Needs a proper valve job, most likely with some new intake /exhaust seats. Pictures of bare head castings and valves, would help immensely. (If any of us had E.S.P, we wouldn't need pics.Unfortunately....?)

ive decided to run adjustable rockers & push rods on this car. a little back story there motor was rebuilt not long ago & cam wasnt broke in rite (flatten a lobe) & no one could seem to diag it is i ended up with. Wasnt hard to pin point that one,any way up on inspecting every thing i noticed all the intake stems were .015-.030 taller than ex valves with a stright edge. I was given recipts & boy they got the works on those heads! all giudes all valves all seats! ive never seen a set of heads with 80k on then needing that much work! (imo) so thats the route im gonna take to get er back runnen.

just get two different length pushrods. that's how a lot o motor are set up, mine included. the reason being is some times you can't get the same length valves. it's no big deal.

-
Back