Valve/Rocker covers

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used factory valve/rocker covers with their stroker build using roller rockers with a cam having 525 lift. I have been told they will hit the sides and I would have to use aftermarket covers.I always go for the factory/stock look as I like it better.Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used factory valve/rocker covers with their stroker build using roller rockers with a cam having 525 lift. I have been told they will hit the sides and I would have to use aftermarket covers.I always go for the factory/stock look as I like it better.Thanks in advance!

don`t know about .525 lift, but .628 won`t w/ cork gaskets. haven`t tried them w/ the thick moroso gasket yet.----bob

Craig,I,m using as cast Mopar performance valve covers on my Eddy headed/Pro Magnum roller rocker 410,with .631 lift.I also drilled out the front of one valve cover for EVAP breathers/hoses.I,m headed to the track in 1/2 hr to enjoy sun and burning rubber.:burnout:

Craig,I,m using as cast Mopar performance valve covers on my Eddy headed/Pro Magnum roller rocker 410,with .631 lift.I also drilled out the front of one valve cover for EVAP breathers/hoses.I,m headed to the track in 1/2 hr to enjoy sun and burning rubber.:burnout:

* Thanks Scott! Enjoy the day!

What kinda rockers, Craig? I had the MP .508 in a 360 years ago with the Comp Magnum stainless rockers and stock 340 valve covers. Nuthin hit huthin.

Im running this cam: .578/.585 lift
https://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1552&gid=290

Harland Sharp roller rockers

All under stock 1968 valve covers with one felpro gasket (the one that comes in the engine kit).

I did have to clearance the internal baffles slightly, and I do mean just a little. Tapped them in with a body hammer and all was good.

Attachments

• DSCN0676.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 188

All under stock 1968 valve covers with one felpro gasket (the one that comes in the engine kit).

I did have to clearance the internal baffles slightly, and I do mean just a little. Tapped them in with a body hammer and all was good.

** That's the best news I've heard all day!! Thanks for the Bday gift!:supz:

I run an MP .557 cam with Hughes 1.6 roller tip rockers under a set of 65 273 covers, it required a slight amount of clearance; actually they clearenced themselves right after I did first fire.

First time I think I ever saw under the hood. You got it lookin good under there.

Mopar Perormance has an Aluminum set that are Wide by design part #4876124 they are the cast with the finned top and the cast in logos , try page 83 of the catalog , the bad news is they are like 350 a pair I believe , but maybe Nigel has a used pair kicking around .

im running a .550 lift solid roller with 1.5 harland sharps under some 80's valve covers, no clearancing needed.

I'm using Crane type roller rockers 1.5 with 525.lift.Wondering if I will have issues? I have a nice stock 68 pair of covers. Thanks in advance..

-
Back