Valve spring removal ???

-
I have that tool too and it works ok if their single springs (or singles with dampers). The fingers usually aren't long enough to catch a inner spring on dual springs. I also built one kinda like 805. Works on all shaft style mopars. Not the prettiest thing but it works great.

Attachments

• Underside of valve spring compressor.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Valve spring compressor 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 146
Looks dont matter as long as it works...sucks cuz dad bought one and it was a pile of junk from Canadian Tire(Power built). Cost him $30 I think, then I went to a jobber and picked up the KD one, and no sweat!! Of course I wouldnt have needed it if I wasnt a dumbass and removed the frickin dampers........

LOL... we all live and learn. Sometimes those lessons come hard and sometimes their easy. At least it didn't hurt anything and wasn't so major that it required taking the engine back out.

MY cam card for my Thumpr cam said i had to remove the inner valve springs for break-in.

I nearly shat bricks at the amount of extra work this would be and called my machinist (builds race engines by trade)

He said for my cam don't worry about it, they write that on the break-in procedure for every cam and that the mopar lifter bore is heaps bigger than a chevy one and can handle it easily.

For a really aggressive cam this might be 100% necessary, but for most hyd cams I'd say it's optional.

I didn't have any problems whatsoever. Just my 2c

-
Back