Vendors not stocking parts they advertise

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I ordered a Borgeson power steer conversion box from Summit and after about 3 weeks it hadn't shipped. I called them and they said they have no ship date. Got sick of waiting so I cancelled order. Found part on Jegs and it says ship tomorrow so I thought (stupidly) I would order from there as they may have one. Well what do know they don't have it either. After a couple weeks I got a Email saying will ship 6 April. April 6 came and went no part. I called them and they said the part is about 6 - 8 weeks away. Ok left it on order and called them again today after 4 weeks and the rep says OH that part is 6 -8 weeks away - WTF. In the meantime I saw this part on Ebay so I emailed the guy "Do you have this part in stock" One word response "NO". I dont know how these vendors get away with selling parts and holding your money without providing the part or a firm ship date. I am extremely frustrated as this is the only part I need to finish my Duster as I have clearance issues with my TTi's - Dont get me started on that one again.

I ordered a Borgeson power steer conversion box from Summit and after about 3 weeks it hadn't shipped. I called them and they said they have no ship date. Got sick of waiting so I cancelled order. Found part on Jegs and it says ship tomorrow so I thought (stupidly) I would order from there as they may have one. Well what do know they don't have it either. After a couple weeks I got a Email saying will ship 6 April. April 6 came and went no part. I called them and they said the part is about 6 - 8 weeks away. Ok left it on order and called them again today after 4 weeks and the rep says OH that part is 6 -8 weeks away - WTF. In the meantime I saw this part on Ebay so I emailed the guy "Do you have this part in stock" One word response "NO". I dont know how these vendors get away with selling parts and holding your money without providing the part or a firm ship date. I am extremely frustrated as this is the only part I need to finish my Duster as I have clearance issues with my TTi's - Dont get me started on that one again.
i agree its wrong, cause you know they put that money in the bank and gain interest on it while waiting to ship your parts.

I don't believe anyone stocks anything anymore. I bought a new washing machine from Lowe's and was told it would be 3 weeks for delivery. Left and went to home depot and was told the same thing. I guess they save space and don't damage anything.

I don't believe anyone stocks anything anymore. I bought a new washing machine from Lowe's and was told it would be 3 weeks for delivery. Left and went to home depot and was told the same thing. I guess they save space and don't damage anything.
called on demand storage. Inventory is taxed and costs space, lots of places that way. If you want a scary though, most grocery stores have enough inventory for about 48 hours of NORMAL selling

Number one is that you should not be charged till the part is "shipped".
I use visa and have NEVER had a problem with this with any vendor.
In the second place I'm guessing that places like Jegs, Summit and Classic Industries don't keep everything on the shelf since that ties money up in inventory that might not sell quickly.
Personally I'm thankful that these places at least offer our "hard to get" MOPAR things.
Now if number 2 is the case, I think it's more than reasonable to have to wait on the part since these vendors are at the mercy of the manufactures.
I recently ordered a 250 dollar trunk medallion for first gen Charger from Classic Industries and had to wait weeks.
Perhaps some manufacture had to actually get orders from enough vendors to make it cost effect to make some up. IDK.
I have ordered AMD metal from Summit cheaper than anywhere else with free shipping.
I had to wait a couple of months. But I was happy to do it. AMD probably had to get the metal part from Taiwan first.
It's a supply chain issue. I HOPE that makes sense and makes you feel better about using them.

Number one is that you should not be charged till the part is "shipped".
I use visa and have NEVER had a problem with this with any vendor.
In the second place I'm guessing that places like Jegs, Summit and Classic Industries don't keep everything on the shelf since that ties money up in inventory that might not sell quickly.
Personally I'm thankful that these places at least offer our "hard to get" MOPAR things.
Now if number 2 is the case, I think it's more than reasonable to have to wait on the part since these vendors are at the mercy of the manufactures.
I recently ordered a 250 dollar trunk medallion for first gen Charger from Classic Industries and had to wait weeks.
Perhaps some manufacture had to actually get orders from enough vendors to make it cost effect to make some up. IDK.
I have ordered AMD metal from Summit cheaper than anywhere else with free shipping.
I had to wait a couple of months. But I was happy to do it. AMD probably had to get the metal part from Taiwan first.
It's a supply chain issue. I HOPE that makes sense and makes you feel better about using them.

I understand that retailers are at the mercy of manufacturers however I do have a problem with wait times that have no end date. To be told 6 - 8 weeks then to be told 6 - 8 weeks after another 4 weeks of waiting is ridiculous. I could be waiting 6 - 12 months with $1200 wracked up on my Credit Card and no part. Classic Industries is another vendor guilty of no end date back orders. Ordered Assassin traction bars and asked about when the ordered will be filled. Response "We Don't Know" but at least they do not charge my card like Summit and Jegs do.

I feel a reputable vendor does nor run your credit card till shipping!!!!! I have just bout had enough of trying to buy anything, especially car related!!

ya know what they say: I am old, old people don't like being old, and they are easy to piss off!!??? right??

I feel a reputable vendor does nor run your credit card till shipping!!!!! I have just bout had enough of trying to buy anything, especially car related!!

ya know what they say: I am old, old people don't like being old, and they are easy to piss off!!??? right??

I'm hearing ya. The older I get the Grumpier I'm becoming.

Grumpy old men. I have officially joined the club
guess I should make tee shirts

My recent customer from Spain endured 11 weeks of back orders on his Mopar Performance air cleaner lid from both Summit and Jeg's. After receiving an email advising of yet another "unknown ship date" for weeks or months into the future, I bought one on Craig's List on his behalf, a better old piece than the current castings, for $80.
It's done, shipped and on his car ... unless he liked the matching Cal Customs setup better.

When I look for something, I go to the companies web. If they say out of stock, probably Jegs, summit, etc. can't get it either. They would be drop shipping anyway. You probably know this anyway. Have you tried a query on Moparts or yellowbullet?

3rd. party suppliers are the norm now days. Warehouses have thousands of parts they don't have to stock.

Borgeson moved their factory in February. They are still not caught up. I have 30 boxes on order. We werent able to get inventory from them to cover us during the move. Since the small sector boxes outsell the large one 4 to 1, its going to be more time before they catch up.

Summit Racing never charges me for parts that are on backorder. I don't think Visa will allow this to happen.

-
Back