Very long story; I'll be messed up for a while, but lucky to be alive

-
BTW where did you have your accident? I had heard something about a charity ride where someone got hurt up near Harrison, was that you?

I'm going to guess north of Peebles on OH 41. I'm still unfamiliar with that area and haven't seen any documentation of the accident.

Well how did your scooter turn out? You never mentioned...

Not as bad as I expected. Looking at the pictures my wife sent me, it looks like I'll need to replace the throttle cable, right gas tank, and front fender. Unfortunately, the paint and airbrushing on the tanks and front fender was only a year old.

I'm going to guess north of Peebles on OH 41. I'm still unfamiliar with that area and haven't seen any documentation of the accident.
Not the one I heard about. The one I heard about came from an American Legion in Harrison and somebody was killed in that one.
Glad you're still on this side of the grass. Some of those roads out there by Serpent Mound can be twisty and curvy!
Just do what the doc's tell ya and get better. Glad the called Air Care and you didn't end up in Adams Co. Hospital. Their doc is probably out on farm calls.

Not the one I heard about. The one I heard about came from an American Legion in Harrison and somebody was killed in that one.
Glad you're still on this side of the grass. Some of those roads out there by Serpent Mound can be twisty and curvy!
Just do what the doc's tell ya and get better. Glad the called Air Care and you didn't end up in Adams Co. Hospital. Their doc is probably out on farm calls.

The one that your talking about was a real bad wreck from what I understand, a hand of bikes involved with a few serious injuries and one death.

It's been a real rough year for bikes around the tri state. I understand how some people love them and go back to them even after a bad accident, some people have a true passion for them. After seeing things go wrong though I can say without a doubt that I will never be seen riding a bike again.

Best of luck to you. If you decide to get back on a bike good luck.

sounds too familiar, i'm also lucky to be here. 13 years ago i lie waiting for the helicopter while i bled out over 4 pints of blood. telling the emt dood i've never flown in a chopper lol. broken bones and a leg amputation but i'm still here. if you want someone to talk to about it or just want to talk pm me brutha ;)

sounds too familiar, i'm also lucky to be here. 13 years ago i lie waiting for the helicopter while i bled out over 4 pints of blood. telling the emt dood i've never flown in a chopper lol. broken bones and a leg amputation but i'm still here. if you want someone to talk to about it or just want to talk pm me brutha ;)

PM sent. Thanks.

Update:

Monday I had a doctor's appointment with the doctor that did my surgery. I was given permission to put full weight on my left leg and partial weight on my left arm. In physical therapy that afternoon they took away my wheelchair and gave me a walker. Now I'll fit in with the blue hairs at bingo if I ever decide to go. :D

Unfortunately, the wound on the back of my right leg is still bleeding. It wasn't obvious until Monday that I had a blood clot on the outside of my leg. Instead of it being stuck against my wound, it dangled about a 1\2" from my leg after the bandage was removed. The doctor cut it off and the bleeding has gone down, but still hasn't stopped as of yet.

I can only bend my right leg to 90% and only raise my left arm to 110% from my side right now. I'm schedule for out patient therapy when I'm released.

I'm scheduled to be released on Tuesday. I'm hoping to be off the walker by then, but my balance still isn't 100%. It will be great to be at home for Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Man, I just saw this.

Glad you survived. Man you got banged up pretty bad...

Take the time to heal up properly.

Been 33 years since my bike accident , been there done that

PM sent. Thanks.

Been there done that , I have a 5x9 chunk of my thigh missing , took weeks for it to stop bleeding , and nother few weeks for the plastic surgery to take , was fun looking at all the muscle and bone when I moved the leg . 8 broken ribs , punctured lung , left shoulder and collarbone shattered in 40 pieces , fractured spine and four of the nerves for my arm ripped out of the spine and was in a coma for 2 weeks , stuff happens .
Hope your recovery goes well , just take your time and remember , you're one of the lucky ones .

Brad,

I just noticed this thread and so glad you are going to be ok. You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. I will let the club know and hopefully you will be banging gears again soon. Your Lowcountry buds are thinking about ya.

Keep us posted and Happy Turkey Day

Steve

Brad,

I just noticed this thread and so glad you are going to be ok. You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. I will let the club know and hopefully you will be banging gears again soon. Your Lowcountry buds are thinking about ya.

Keep us posted and Happy Turkey Day

Steve

Steve,

Thank you. Please tell everyone I said hello.

Brad

Oh man#-o How did I miss this Brad #-o I have been going threw some stuff but moving
forward for the last few months and doing so much better myself :coffee2:
Wow bud ! You took a bad spill on your bike so let me put you on my list of prayers :glasses7: Prayers sent for a successful recovery and keep a posative out look :color: as I see by reading you are :cheers: O my Goodness ! Stay strong Brad

Once again, thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.

A week ago, I went out to the detached garage to look at my chopper; it really doesn't look that bad. I will need: new headlight, new ***** bar, new throttle cable, straighten or purchase new front fender, pull dent from or purchase a right side gas tank, new paint for front fender and right side gas tank. I'm going to try to sell some car and motorcycle parts to raise money to purchase parts, so it may take a while before I get it back on the road. However, I don't need to be in a rush with winter here anyway.

I received a full release from restrictions by my doctor yesterday. All x-rays looked good as well as all wounds. My right knee mobility is about 95% and my l left shoulder is about 85% so I am still receiving physical therapy for a while longer.

I was supposed to start back to work full time today, but we were excused due to weather. No further weather is expected, so tomorrow will now be my first full day back to work. I'm anxious to get back to the office, but not half as anxious as the wife is to have me out of the house. :D

I spent this afternoon blowing snow from mine and one of my elderly friend's/neighbor's driveways. I feel good; it was like walking behind a powered walker. :D

Nothing to stop me from getting back to work on the Barracuda now, except laziness.

-
Back