Veteran' Day 2015 - Giving Back

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, members of Inland Mopars Car Club joined with others in the community to participate in the “A Flag For Every Hero” event to honor our armed service heroes interred at Riverside National Cemetery in Southern California.

Riverside National Cemetery is the third largest of our National Cemeteries at 921 acres and is the final resting place for over 230,000 veterans.

Amazingly, a flag was placed on every grave in approximately one hour!

It was wonderful to see so many from the community come together to honor and remember those who gave so much for our freedom.

Here’s just a few pics from yesterday…

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 001.jpg

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 002.jpg

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 003.jpg

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 004.jpg

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 005.jpg

View attachment 2015VeteransDayFlagForEveryHero_110715 006.jpg

Thank you for posting, and participating. All who read this thread should pause and be grateful to those who serve our country. Without them we would not have the freedom, security and comforts we have today.

Thank you and the club and others for putting a flag at each one of those sites. We all need to do our part to help remember the brave men and women who help keep our country free.

The sight of all those flags is amazing!

As a Vet myself of the US Army. I just want to say thanks.

73 Duster
96 Dakota 4 WD.
2000 Neon
2013 Dart

Just a Veteran's Day bump for those who may not have seen the original post.

I was just contemplating taking my 5 year old to the cemetery down the block to do the exact same thing
(maybe next year I can actually plan it out and go count the graves the day before)

I remember stopping by there once and seeing just some amazing service records cut in those stones

I was just contemplating taking my 5 year old to the cemetery down the block to do the exact same thing
(maybe next year I can actually plan it out and go count the graves the day before)

I remember stopping by there once and seeing just some amazing service records cut in those stones

DIY -
Ft. Custer National Cemetery is located in Augusta, MI, about 50 miles from you.
You might check with them to see if they have any participant programs you can help with and take your 5 year old to teach.
As mentioned, our Inland Mopars group is going to continue helping with the "A Flag for Every Hero" program at Riverside National Cemetery on both Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.
We're also going to participate in the "Wreaths Across America" program at RNC in December. We've purchased wreaths for all of our club member's family members interred at Riverside National Cemetery and will place them on their graves. We will also help out with the wreath placement on the other graves.

i ended up taking him to hobby lobby and buying 20 of the 4X6 flags

that was just enough to do one section of the cemetery
(this is not a war cemetery, so we had to look for the headstones that had references to service on them)

I found out later there is Private Ralph K. Rouwhorst buried there...KIA in France, 1918
I would have loved to place a flag at his grave, but even though i saw that last name a few times, i never saw his grave.

-
Back