Veterans On the Board

-
USN, Hi school reserve Aug 1979,
Great Lakes RTC & Engineman "A" school, Aug 1980 to XMas 1980,
China Lake Weapons Test Center, Ridgecrest, Ca, Jan 1981 - Xmas 1981,
Great Lakes Engineman "C" School, Jan 1982- March 1982
USS Quapaw, ATF 110, Port Hueneme, Ca, March 1982-Xmas 1983
Surface Craft Fleet, Port Hueneme, Ca., Jan 1984-Jul 1984

My son is home for a day, flew thorough NAS Whidbey on his way back to Hawaii off of an El Salvador deployment. He's an aircrewman, IFT or In Flight Technician, keeps the electronics going. His squadron got several cocaine busts with drugs that typically run from Columbia to Mexico. He has done back to back deployments and will be on his last deployment very soon. The pic is the wife, him, and his aircraft (P-3 Orion). He is using his GI bill to attend Embry Riddle Aeronautical College when he's finished his deployment. He brought me some beer bling from San Salvador.

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

33 years Army National Guard including eight years Active.
Bosnia
OEF
RETIRED!!

Master Sergeant USMC (Retarded) (1972-1995)

I was the Maintenance Chief for HMH-362 when they moved the last of the fleet CH-53Dr to Hawaii from New River. Saw a little bit of everywhere but more of the worse places the world has to offer.

Life is good!

Where were you? I spent time in 1-9 Cav on Hood

I just finished reading this list - A BIG THANKS to all who have and are currently serving in ALL branches of the U.S. Military!

USAF - '84 to '95 - E6 TSgt. - Logistics & CLSS.

'84 - Tech School - Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
'84 - '86 - Hellenikon AB, Athens Greece
'86 - '90 - 2952 CLSS - Hill AFB, UT
'90 - '92 - Incirlik AB, Turkey
'92 - '95 - Dyess AFB, TX

Three all expense paid trips to the sandbox - Khamis Mushait, Dhahran & Al's Garage...all sucked!
Desert Shield/Storm
Provide Comfort

TDY to more places than I can remember! I have walked the same ground as a lot of you on this list...

USN 81-87 DS2
Orlando RTC, NTC for BEE
Mare Island for A and C school
USS William V. Pratt DDG-44
Various N. Atlantic, Carib, Med/IO cruises.
Twice ref-tra in Gitmo etc. etc.
1984 Spring Break in Port Everglades.
Ahhh the memories.......

navy dan 001.jpg

I don't reckon I ever posted here.
US Army 63B E-4
Basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood Feb of 83.
HQ. 801st Maintenance, 101st Airborne, Ft. Campbell, Ky. 83-85
B Btry, 1/41st FA, 56th Brigade, Schwabisch Gmund, Germany 85-87.

i was a 63B and also worked as a 63S, 52D, supply and a boat mechanic while assignd to a engineer unit in hanau germany, was stationed in 82nd in 90 then went to iraq fo 10 months then tdy to campbell for 30 days, then 2 more times in iraq when stationed at ft. bliss in a patriot unit and got out in 98 on a medical and partially disabled have ptsd and back issues

I don't reckon I ever posted here.
US Army 63B E-4
Basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood Feb of 83.
HQ. 801st Maintenance, 101st Airborne, Ft. Campbell, Ky. 83-85
B Btry, 1/41st FA, 56th Brigade, Schwabisch Gmund, Germany 85-87.

i was a 63B and also worked as a 63S, 52D, supply and a boat mechanic while assignd to a engineer unit in hanau germany, was stationed in 82nd in 90 then went to iraq fo 10 months then tdy to campbell for 30 days, then 2 more times in iraq when stationed at ft. bliss in a patriot unit and got out in 98 on a medical and partially disabled have ptsd and back issues
Did your TDY have anything to do with dopes on ropes?

I was a 63T then reclassed to 11B

But my little sister is a 63B :)

63B’s are light wheel mechanics.
63T’s are Bradley mechanics.

We are required by DA regulations to flip each other ****.

63B’s are light wheel mechanics.
63T’s are Bradley mechanics.

We are required by DA regulations to flip each other ****.
What? You mean like calling Bradley crews wanna be mini-DATs?

OK, I love alphabet soup as much as the next guy but we all have a language all our own...

...What's a DAT?
Dumb
A**
T
anker

And I mean that with the fondest luv a grunt has for armor. :thumbsup:

Well a Bradley isn’t a tank, it’s just an APC with a little gun on it..

And I left all that madness far behind and joined the Ranger Regiment. 5988e? Never heard of it :)

Truth be told, the Bradley was after my time for the most part. I always thought it was an APC with an identity crisis.

Truth be told, the Bradley was after my time for the most part. I always thought it was an APC with an identity crisis.

No truer words. This movie came out the year I joined the Army.. The Pentagon Wars (TV Movie 1998) - IMDb

Personally I rolled in a beautiful M88A1 that was built the same year I was born.
Her name was Fairuza Bulk.
In the day time her cadillac soft suspension carried me around the training areas of Ft Hood, recovering and pulling pack on wayward Bradleys, M113s, M577s, LMTVs, FMTVs, HEMTTs, and the occasional Abrams. At night I drifted off to sleep, cuddled up to her big warm hydraulic fluid filled belly.

Eventually dealing with mouthbreather operators turned me bitter and I left the motorpool to pursue my career as a crunchy in special operations.

-
Back