Veterans On the Board

-
After landing at a hospital in Albuquerque yesterday, I was met by a gent who was an Army SF sniper. We were both in Panama during the op. Cool dude.

Many thanks and may God bless you for your service to our Great nation
I wish there was a way to repay all of you.
Thank you on this Memorial Day and everyday.

US Army ASA.. stationed Augsburg, Germany 72-75....US Air Force Reserves 87-2003 Retired..DoD Navy Desert Shield/Desert Storm medal recipient..great friends, great times..

How about we see how many Vets we have.
List your branch and years in, also if you served overseas. Middle East, Europe, South America don't matter. Let's recognize everybody.
Navy Seabees 1988-1993. Stationed at NAS Sigonella Sicily during Desert Shield/Storm

When I hear vets I get mixed examples. Someone clarify what that means to them? I get its someone who's served or is it for people that are currently serving as well?

Any one that got honorably dischared. Serving is going to be a vet

Here you go straight from the VA
The term “Veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable

I did almost 25. Glad I got out when I did (2011) It is getting to "sensitive" for me now I would have been thrown out since I am old school and would let my people know they screwed up !

Here you go straight from the VA
The term “Veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable

That's off their blog site correct? Seen it before I believe.
25 years, nice. What branch?

Kimd of miss it but then again I am home now. Definitely rewarding whn you help save lives ours and the others also. Lots of off shore rescues on boats, heart attacks etc. I was a avionics tech.

Kimd of miss it but then again I am home now. Definitely rewarding whn you help save lives ours and the others also. Lots of off shore rescues on boats, heart attacks etc. I was a avionics tech.

Good ****! I bet man. Very rewarding when having the feeling of accomplishment and knowing you helped or did something.

Also hard on the family I used to get the calls to get my bag together for three months leaving tomorrow also. Definitely went to some sh!tholes for a while. Come on over to the coffee thread.

-
Back