Veterans On the Board

-
Better view. Bogainville, 1943.

Dad3.jpg

God Bless our working Military as well as those have served for our freedom. I wish I could meet every one of you buy you a beer. I suppose I am an atomic baby, born in 66, last of ten. If it were not for the Atomic bombs, this amazing Man, a Marine, would've had to invade Japan, and it would've been a **** show beyond belief.

I thank every one of you for my life and freedom.

Last edited:
Now that is a Hero! The greatest generation, indeed!
I could never live up to what that man did, or, what those other guys did that may have saved his life. He only shared little pieces randomly on what he went through. He'd be 100 if he were alive, cancer took him away. I'm sure if he were alive he'd know every Man's name in that Platoon and could tell me a story. Note that he used some kind of gum to silence his tags...

Last edited:
It doesn't mean much to civilians, but when I reached my EAS, the calibration lab took one of my dog tags, and plated it in 24K gold. It's one of my most prized possessions, next to some old revolvers and 1911's. If the feds are monitoring me, you know where I live. Molon Labe. Semper Fidelis!

It doesn't mean much to civilians, but when I reached my EAS, the calibration lab took one of my dog tags, and plated it in 24K gold. It's one of my most prized possessions, next to some old revolvers and 1911's. If the feds are monitoring me, you know where I live. Molon Labe. Semper Fidelis!

Guns? Oh yeah, I remember that boating accident.... Lost every one them if I recall correctly.

USAF, 1st Tac. Recon. Sqd. 1st tour, RAF Alconbury, United Kingdom. Also Operation Just Cause, Howard AFB Panama 1989-1991, Dept of State Contractor, Kabul Afghanistan Dec 2010 - July 2011, Bahgdad Iraq, Aug 2011 - Jan 2013.
Happy to be home.

In this day of "Defunding the Police" and all the other liberal crap, my personal, heartfelt Thanks to all Veterans. Civilians will never understand how I volunteered my life for my country for 4 years in the prime of my life. After returning from overseas, I was spit on by long haired liberals in SFO. I'm still proud. A formal salute to all Veterans. I understand the pride and difficulties. Semper Fidelis!

USN 77-81 ACB-1, SRF Guam, USS Richland, USS Frederick..
Pops served in WWII Korea & Vietnam....

You served back when I did. Being a member of the armed forces wasn't very popular. I salute you for your service. Us Jarheads had to get to the fight somehow, and you provided the ride. Plus rice at every meal, and a movie every night!

Just a quick reminder.

Picked up my Military Pass this weekend

Be well

US military veterans are eligible to receive free lifetime access to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests. The free Military Pass is a way to thank America’s veterans, Gold Star Families, and current military and their dependents for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters.

I know it's a local thing, but a local Pierce County Sherriff lost his life last week serving a high danger SWAT warrant. He was an award winning Army Veteran, and an award winning Sherriff. He left behind a wife and a 3 year old son. I don't understand the "Defund the Police" when this young man lost his life defunding the public law. I understand if TMM or the other Mods want to delete or move my post because of "Political considerations" especially in my home state. Another nail in the coffin for us to retire and move from the state I've come to call home for the past 32 years. NO MORE. Our home is up for sale, and we're moving back to Western Florida, my homeland since 1958. I apologize for venting on our forum I apologize if I've offended anyone, but we're moving back to western Florida. We're sick of the ever increasing taxes. If the Mods want to boot me from this site after all these years, I understand you position.

I know it's a local thing, but a local Pierce County Sherriff lost his life last week serving a high danger SWAT warrant. He was an award winning Army Veteran, and an award winning Sherriff. He left behind a wife and a 3 year old son. I don't understand the "Defund the Police" when this young man lost his life defunding the public law. I understand if TMM or the other Mods want to delete or move my post because of "Political considerations" especially in my home state. Another nail in the coffin for us to retire and move from the state I've come to call home for the past 32 years. NO MORE. Our home is up for sale, and we're moving back to Western Florida, my homeland since 1958. I apologize for venting on our forum I apologize if I've offended anyone, but we're moving back to western Florida. We're sick of the ever increasing taxes. If the Mods want to boot me from this site after all these years, I understand you position.
Yes, come back, also my home since 1958. Fl is one of the few states that still does not have state tax at income tax time.

6 years Navy Destroyer
Desert Storm

Thanks to all, especially you combat vets!

I was in the 11th Air Assault division, which was joined with the 2nd Infantry to become the 1st Cav and shipped to Nam aboard the USS Boxer. When I returned to the states, from Nam, in August '66, we landed at Travis AFB then bussed us to San Francisco. When I walked up to the airline ticket counter, I was asked if I had civilian clothes. When I responded in the affirmative, they said "go to the restroom and put them on for your protection." I had no idea what they were talking about but I took their advise. "WELCOME HOME" solder! Sadly, military was a dirty word in those years. I'm proud to have served and proud of all who have served throughout the years especially those who never returned home. We can never give them the thanks they deserve! The creeps that have turned our country into the biggest mess we could have ever dreamed of, need to be gone!!

-
Back