Veterans On the Board

-
Saw this scroll-by

For all my Fort Benning paratroopers.

Ooh Ungawah... I wanna jump the free tower!

:thumbsup:

Screenshot_20231004_091358_Facebook.jpg

1982-1988. Door gunner (67 nov) and crewchief, then switched MOS to combat medic.

Logged on this thread to say the wall of heeling for the Vietnan memorial is in Hilo Hawaii this week!

I put this in a reply before, so here's a stand-alone version.

US Army - first a brat (from birth in Panama to enlistment to leave Fort Campbell, KY). Winter 82-83 at Fort Leonard Wood for Basic Training - we got snow, Dix and Jackson got ice. I prefer snow. Sigint AIT at Goodfellow AFB in Texas, followed by Russian Basic in Monterey. Then 2.5 years in wonderful "Wildflecken". Every base is "The Rock", but ours was the rockiest. Best beer in all of Germany one hilltop over, though, at the Kreuzberg. A second year of Russian in Monterey as a reenlistment perk, then 4 years in Misawa, Japan - the only place I got to do real Intel. Three years at Fort Hood, two in Detroit, Michigan with a Reserve unit, then on to Wiesbaden, Germany. Offered early retirement and said "Where do I sign? How soon can I leave?" 5 years as a retiree at Fort Huachuca, AZ, and finally moved back home to the Fort Campbell area after 20 years.

Oh, and I'm the founder of the Basic Training Memories page on Facebook. Look us up.

277755635_10165987178270231_1631923947200370778_n.jpg

USAF 6/2/64 - 5/2/68 after boot camp went to Weapons School at Lowry AFB, then posted to Cannon AFB (F-100's). Went to Tan Son Nhu with the 481st TFS (boots on the ground for my 20th birthday), transferred to Bien Hoa, then Binh Thuy (FAC), returned To Oxnard AFB Aug '66 (F-101's) promoted to SGT as weapons Load team Chief, transferred to Homestead AFB (F-104's). Discharged (me on the left, belting 20 mil.)

PICT0187.JPG

I put this in a reply before, so here's a stand-alone version.

US Army - first a brat (from birth in Panama to enlistment to leave Fort Campbell, KY). Winter 82-83 at Fort Leonard Wood for Basic Training - we got snow, Dix and Jackson got ice. I prefer snow. Sigint AIT at Goodfellow AFB in Texas, followed by Russian Basic in Monterey. Then 2.5 years in wonderful "Wildflecken". Every base is "The Rock", but ours was the rockiest. Best beer in all of Germany one hilltop over, though, at the Kreuzberg. A second year of Russian in Monterey as a reenlistment perk, then 4 years in Misawa, Japan - the only place I got to do real Intel. Three years at Fort Hood, two in Detroit, Michigan with a Reserve unit, then on to Wiesbaden, Germany. Offered early retirement and said "Where do I sign? How soon can I leave?" 5 years as a retiree at Fort Huachuca, AZ, and finally moved back home to the Fort Campbell area after 20 years.

Oh, and I'm the founder of the Basic Training Memories page on Facebook. Look us up.

View attachment 1716196753
I lived in Ft Huachuca in 53 when I was 7 yo. Bisbee for a while b4 then. I grew up in Monterey, joined the Navy there.

@maineak1970 @DionR
What does a minesweeper warfare device look like? Did you guys board for a Surface Warfare device?

IMG_8198.jpeg

Here’s my plank owners scroll

IMG_8199.jpeg

1998-2002, USAF, Aerospace Ground Equipment tech. From the west coast but was stationed in New Jersey. Saudi Arabia, Guam, UAE.

Joined up in '91, out in '97.
2nd Btn 8th FA out of Ft Lewis WA. We were attached to 9th Inf Regt there. Deployed to Gitmo for awhile to babysit migrants.
Drove my 4sp 340 Duster all the way back to Col. Ohio from WA. Best week of my life, getting out and the trip home.
Basic and AIT was at Sill
1st duty station was Ft Ord CA but we closed that base and moved to Lewis.

Joined up in '91, out in '97.
2nd Btn 8th FA out of Ft Lewis WA. We were attached to 9th Inf Regt there. Deployed to Gitmo for awhile to babysit migrants.
Drove my 4sp 340 Duster all the way back to Col. Ohio from WA. Best week of my life, getting out and the trip home.
Basic and AIT was at Sill
1st duty station was Ft Ord CA but we closed that base and moved to Lewis.
Fellow FA here 2nd BN 3rd FA 1BDE 1AD. 2002-2007

-
Back