View from our place-----------------

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
This is the Jolly Mountain fire, they have raised the evacuation to level three which means grab your stuff and go--------------Hope there is something left when this all ends. It is growing but will require a wind change to get to our subdivision.

JollyMtFire.jpg

Keep us posted. Hopefully it will rain or get contained b/4 it reaches you guys.

I do NOT understand, with all the "stuff" this country has, and the stored aircraft in various places like AZ, why we EASILY can't have a few more large scale "fire bombers". Of course this would require "some of us" to pay a bit more in taxes.

B52's fly training missions all the time. Seriously: load them up with 140 500lb air burst water/retardant bombs and let them practice carpet bombing...fires. We have 2 DC-10 water droppers on standby down here, whats a trip up to WA?

B52's fly training missions all the time. Seriously: load them up with 140 500lb air burst water/retardant bombs and let them practice carpet bombing...fires. We have 2 DC-10 water droppers on standby down here, whats a trip up to WA?
They have been fighting this fire since 8/11. Three helicopters and two tankers scooping water out of lake cle elum is the only thing holding its where it is. Over 400 firefighters from all over are doing a heroic job in tough conditions!
Google "jolly mountain fire" for the lowdown.

They have been fighting this fire since 8/11. Three helicopters and two tankers scooping water out of lake cle elum is the only thing holding its where it is. Over 400 firefighters from all over are doing a heroic job in tough conditions!
Google "jolly mountain fire" for the lowdown.

Yeah but more help would be better, right?

Good luck!

Be safe! Here in Ontario its been a very wet summer. While BC has had the driest summer on record and battling LOTS of fires. Fd up summer whether wise for sure. Last night at work it was 3*C.
Mother Nature

I do NOT understand, with all the "stuff" this country has, and the stored aircraft in various places like AZ, why we EASILY can't have a few more large scale "fire bombers". Of course this would require "some of us" to pay a bit more in taxes.
I always thought it a good idea to have a national fire fighting program like the military trained in all types of fire fighting equipped with planes , tankers , dozers etc.
Right now between Washington , Idaho and Montana , fire teams are spread thin.

Thanks guys. This is where my 36 X 48 shop is. I am planning on building my 40 ford pickup there if it survives. Nothing but hot dry weather on the horizon:-(
Just down the road from ya . If there's anything I can do if it gets to that point let me know. If nothing else I have a trailer I can store stuff for You.

Best of luck, that's a hell of a pic! The wind forecast is probably more of a factor than the rain forecast at this point. I have a co-worker who's a volunteer firefighter out of Ellensburg, I'll see if he worked this on the weekend. Stay safe!

-
Back