vin # locations

-

ch1ll

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the vin# under the weather stripping on the trunk rim of a 68 dart gt and cannot seem to find it. its on the dash board and on the radiator support. anyone know where they all are on this year dart gt?

No partial VINs until the 1969 model year.

For the '68 model year back, it is the SO number which should match your fender tag & the broadcast sheet if you have it.

Depending on the assembly plant & / or the person doing the stamping at the time, the numbers could be anywhere on the trunk lip - driver or passenger side.

Mine on my 68 was on drivers side trunk lip. You have to remove the lid seal to see it.

No partial VINs until the 1969 model year.

For the '68 model year back, it is the SO number which should match your fender tag & the broadcast sheet if you have it.

Depending on the assembly plant & / or the person doing the stamping at the time, the numbers could be anywhere on the trunk lip - driver or passenger side.
what is a SO number?

SO - Shipping Order number.

They started calling is a VON - Vehicle order Number for the '69 model year.

In either case it is the SPD - scheduled production date (the date they HOPED to build the car when the order was entered into the system) followed by the number on the actual order form for the car.

68 is an odd year. First year of the VIN on the dash, but no body VIN If you don't have the build sheet you cannot tie the VIN to the body order no's..........and if the dash has been.......................

We had a member on here, the dash was missing or swapped I forgotten which

-
Back