VIN Number?

-

mopar_sweden

Reaction score
Hey

I have found some letters and numbers on my trunk lip.
But I dont now what thay could tell me?
"EMD 26L" is stamped on the left side.
and "EMD 26R" is stamped on the right side.
my VIN number is LH23G08170244.

//Rikard

Hey

I have found some letters and numbers on my trunk lip.
But I dont now what thay could tell me?
"EMD 26L" is stamped on the left side.
and "EMD 26R" is stamped on the right side.
my VIN number is LH23G08170244.

//Rikard

The emd26l and 26r are some kind of part numbers.

One of the hard to find incomplete Darts Hamtramck built for export!

I would LOVE to see photos of your VIN & door sticker, fender tag & broadcast sheet if you have them?

You are the first person I have heard of that actually owns one.

The stampings mentioned are just identifiers for the individual sheet metal parts, no relation to the VIN at all.

Thanks for the information, I'm trying to find the stamped VIN number on the car.
The radiator core support are long gone, because of the "flippfront".
And I can't find any stamped numbers on the support package tray.
I only have the VIN tag on the dash, but my VIN tag is different from all yours.
I dont have the five first symbols (LH23G).

http://www.garaget.org/mypage/gallery_image.php?user=6149&image=2509391

http://www.garaget.org/mypage/gallery_image.php?user=6149&image=2509389

http://www.garaget.org/mypage/gallery_image.php?user=6149&image=2509388

Thanks for the information, I'm trying to find the stamped VIN number on the car.
The radiator core support are long gone, because of the "flippfront".
And I can't find any stamped numbers on the support package tray.
I only have the VIN tag on the dash, but my VIN tag is different from all yours.
I dont have the five first symbols (LH23G).

gallery_image.php

gallery_image.php

gallery_image.php

The 08 dash VIN cars were built in Hamtramck, MI & shipped overseas incomplete.

There should be a partial VIN under the trunk weatherstrip on one side or the other, but they are hard to spot sometimes.

From 1967 most of the A-body cars sold new in Sweden was assembled in Rotterdam. Only convertibles and 383 cars came directly from Hamtramck. The easiest way to tell where it was built is as follows. Rotterdam built car ha a riveted stainless steel plate on the a pillar post. You can also check the datecodes and manufacturer on the glass. If produced in Rotterdam (Netherlands) the glass was manufactured in Belgium. Made in Belgium is etched in all glasses.

The numbers you found are from the manufacturer of the sheet metal, there should be a VIN number farther to the back of the trunk lip under the weatherstrip if it was manufactured at Hamtramck.

I have located the etched symbol, Made in Belgium.
But there is no stamped VIN number under the trunk weatherstrip, I wounder if the exports cars didnt get any stamped numbers?
Maybe the cars where shipped oversea to Rotterdam and then where fitted with the buyers option?
Is ther any records left from the Rotterdam assembley plant?

I have located the etched symbol, Made in Belgium.
But there is no stamped VIN number under the trunk weatherstrip, I wounder if the exports cars didnt get any stamped numbers?
Maybe the cars where shipped oversea to Rotterdam and then where fitted with the buyers option?
Is ther any records left from the Rotterdam assembley plant?

Not what I know of but try to get in contact with Chrysler Historical about it. They might have some more knowledge about it. Not even sure when they closed down tghe Rotterdam plant!

-
Back