VIN tag

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience riveting a VIN tag to the dash..? Any tips, tricks etc...or is it just straight forward. I'm just worried about messing up or scratching my freshly painted dash, tag and rivets.

Thanks.

You'd better check with your state and figure out how to make it look real. Tampering with VINs is a big time nono except in special circumstances.

One could argue- "restoring" is not "tampering".

Caution what you share as the vin police on FABO will threaten to turn you in.

(67dart273 I'm not referring to you)

IMHO

If the vin matches the fender tag, build sheet, hidden body numbers etc. No issue for me.

If the vin does not match then you are re-bodying and that could be real bad for you if you ever sell it and it is discovered.

Anyone have experience riveting a VIN tag to the dash..? Any tips, tricks etc...or is it just straight forward. I'm just worried about messing up or scratching my freshly painted dash, tag and rivets.

Thanks.
If they're the correct rosette pop rivets, it's a simple install. Just remember to face the VIN tag the correct way! :lol:

Caution what you share as the vin police on FABO will threaten to turn you in.

(67dart273 I'm not referring to you)

IMHO

If the vin matches the fender tag, build sheet, hidden body numbers etc. No issue for me.

If the vin does not match then you are re-bodying and that could be real bad for you if you ever sell it and it is discovered.
The same guys that won't tell you the rear window channel and trunk support as the other body stamped VIN locations? :rofl: :realcrazy:

The same guys that won't tell you the rear window channel and trunk support as the other body stamped VIN locations
Not to mention the upper driver's side core support and the driver's side trunk seal rail

Ended up scratching the tag... One step forward, two steps back lately...F*ck..!!!

20231011_195620.jpg

-
Back