-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Pavlovich

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a nice set of vintage Edelbrock finned aluminum valve covers for the Mopar small block for sale. Nice condition with no broken fins. Clearance notched to fit all modern intakes. These will shine like the sun with some polishing. Selling for what I purchased them for years ago,
$145 plus shpg.

Thank you,
Gary
92071 CA

Wishing $145 + shipping drops from the sky now.......

Now looking for my archer set with BFA projectile to intercept mail package.....

(BFA = Big Freakin Arrow)

"You'll shoot your arrow into da' air,
But where it lands, you'll know not where.
The valve covers went to an'odder guy,
But you'll still have your pumpkin pie"
(if you can get the wife to bake one, that is).

Seriously.......I saw a program on Speed Channel last month and they did a new set of these for an old Mopar in a hot rod.......They painted the inside of the fins the same orange as the motor (all the way around the covers, front to back), and they were KILLER!!!..........

........I shouted when I saw it and said I wanted a set for the Cuda.......I found out the old ones are pretty hard to find in good condition......Then these fell straight into my lap tonight! Still can't believe it............:toothy10:

You can do M/T's tops like that too, really breaks up the 'ol M/T monotony. Every set of Edelbrocks like this I have seen has had the Edelbrock in red, but I never seen Mopar's only Ch and F. Very cool covers, wonder if Cal-Custom had anything to do with these? Same foundry? good score!

Glad I made Tom's Christmas wish list! Yes, I had only seen the Mopar LA Edelbrock finned covers twice and I purchased both sets.
These originals were produced in the mid-sixties; yes, in remarkable condition for their age.
What is even more rare are the 318 Polyhead Edelbrock finned aluminum valve covers; still have three sets of those left. They were first produced in 1956. I will try to attach a picture. There are a lot of rare/interesting parts laying around my garage that I will probably be selling off soon...ultra-rare Factory aluminum dual quad for the 1956/1957 277-318 Polyhead engine...Moon "Super Sucker" velocity stacks...man, it is like a time capsule in here!
Gary

Insultingly expensive. Only a crazed Poly nut like myself would entertain a set that cost more than $1200.
That is commensurate with the cost of the rest of my Stroker Poly parts; roller cam, roller rockers, tunnel ram...

Gary

"You'll shoot your arrow into da' air,
But where it lands, you'll know not where.
The valve covers went to an'odder guy,
But you'll still have your pumpkin pie" (if you can get the wife to bake one, that is).

Seriously.......I saw a program on Speed Channel last month and they did a new set of these for an old Mopar in a hot rod.......They painted the inside of the fins the same orange as the motor (all the way around the covers, front to back), and they were KILLER!!!..........

........I shouted when I saw it and said I wanted a set for the Cuda.......I found out the old ones are pretty hard to find in good condition......Then these fell straight into my lap tonight! Still can't believe it............:toothy10:

Would anyone have a pic of the above with orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back