Vinyl Chrome for Fiberglass Bumper

-
Looks Great,I was thinking from the beginning of doing this on my 'glass nose, So far I haven't found a shop willing to try. I would run a exposed 1" black strip underneath the edges to add an exposed shadow line and contour under the "chrome" when squeegeed(?) down.

DSC_0683 (Copy).JPG

Looks Great,I was thinking from the beginning of doing this on my 'glass nose, So far I haven't found a shop willing to try. I would run a exposed 1" black strip underneath the edges to add an exposed shadow line and contour under the "chrome" when squeegeed(?) down.

View attachment 1715273496
Because of the amount of paint on the nose of your Barracuda, I think that painted bumper looks good. Just didn't think it would look right on mine.

View attachment 1715273496
I'd leave it alone. It's obviously not stock. I think it would be hokey to try to make it look like a "real" bumper.

I think the Barracuda would look great with the chrome wrap on the bumper.

Well aside from possibly wasting cash, if it doesn't look good I can remove it. It has grown on me as is though.

Easy Chrome - The World's Most Exotic Finishes

If you guys haven’t seen this, then you need to look at it. I’ve used it on motorcycles and some trim for a few years. It’s almost the same as chrome but by far better than wrapping it. This stuff is durable and lasts. Super easy to apply and literally looks better than a wrap. 140 bucks but you can do way more than that bumper with the leftovers. So any interior or exterior pieces that need shined up..... this will do you fine. You can apply it with a paint brush or with a spray gun. And it’s chrome within minutes. So anything that has pitting on it, just sand it down and lay a coat of gloss black on it then spray this right over top and clear. Never any issues.

Last edited:

If you guys haven’t seen this, then you need to look at it. I’ve used it on motorcycles and some trim for a few years. It’s almost the same as chrome but by far better than wrapping it. This stuff is durable and lasts. Super easy to apply and literally looks better than a wrap. 140 bucks but you can do way more than that bumper with the leftovers. So any interior or exterior pieces that need shined up..... this will do you fine. You can apply it with a paint brush or with a spray gun. And it’s chrome within minutes. So anything that has pitting on it, just sand it down and lay a coat of gloss black on it then spray this right over top and clear. Never any issues.

That looks an awful lot like "alclad" , a paint I used to use to chrome model parts

Do you have any pictures of things you've done? How does it hold up to UV? What about rocks? The only good videos about easy chrome I've seen are published by Alsa, the manufacturer. All the rest are disappointing, that's why I ask.

Do you have any pictures of things you've done? How does it hold up to UV? What about rocks? The only good videos about easy chrome I've seen are published by Alsa, the manufacturer. All the rest are disappointing, that's why I ask.
No I don’t as it’s been about 3 years now. I did the forks and sometimes the kick plates on motorcycles. Make sure to use a good clear coat over it and it’s like regular paint. Go an extra step if you really want to be picky and do what a lot of the high end hyper car owners do and get the clear bra. You can buy the kit for like 50 bucks and put it on yourself. But it’s overkill imo

It does not look like chrome, especially once it is clear coated. Looks exactly like well-polished aluminum. If that's the look you want, it's a great product

The vinyl on my last Peterbilt has lasted since 2003 and more than 1,000,000 miles and still looks good.

-
Back