Vinyl Roof Replacement

-
Thank you all very much for the compliments on her; I'm De-Freakin-Lighted to have her home again and in Factory New Condition (at least part of her).
Looking forward to getting out to the Summer car shows in the next couple of months.

You can use the POR 15, but I would shoot a coat of primer while the POR 15 is still tacky. As you said, it is to slick and the adhesive won't bite into it. I have installed a dozen vinyl tops this way and have had no issues.

Dido, except my POR15 was dry, I just used 400 over it real quick to scuff it and shot an epoxy primer on it.

Well, it's finally home. Picked it up yesterday, and spent today cleaning and detailing it. I think the guys did a great job on both the metal work and vinyl/headliner installation. Nice to know the rust is all dealt with and stopped in its tracks by the POR15,

sorry, missed part of the thread...
BUT, what did you use on your top, that has a deep black shine to it?

sorry, missed part of the thread...
BUT, what did you use on your top, that has a deep black shine to it?

Sorry to take so long to reply; I just saw your question.

Ii's called F21 Super Protectant by Turtle Wax. I was an ArmorAll fan forever, but recently started using this stuff. It doesn't strip off the roof going down the highway and get on the paint like ArmorAll used to, and I just apply it by soaking a sponge with it and going back and forth on the vinyl.

-
Back