Viper brakes 73 dart

-
how u do it wracks?
As it sits, when i get all the suspension put backtogether, i am still gonna be without brakes cuz they car didn't come with the rotors...before i go buying stock stuff....may be prudent to do the viper thing.

i turned the rotors off the factory rotors and used it for a hub. got the new rotors from dr.diff. i am using 3rd gen viper. i am going all RMS front and rear next month but i am going to use the vipers on my caddy project. call dr. diff,he can help you out with it. he has all the right stuff.

I belive the lower ball joint is different from a disk spindal to a drum spindal also(I know the upper is). So keep that in mind when you order your PST kit (when ever get this nailed down).

Id like to see how this looks on your dart. Would be cool!

how much lighter are the viper calipers than a stock caliper? I'm thinking of using the wilwood dynapro caliper kit...

http://arengineering.com/products/wilwood-radial-mount-on-11-75/

I think your weight savings will be in the rotors, not calipers. the base kit like I have uses factory 11.75 rotors which are really heavy. If you upgrade to the 13" rotors, you'll save quite a bit of weight. The viper calipers aren't much lighter than stock, if at all. -pauly

I think your weight savings will be in the rotors, not calipers. the base kit like I have uses factory 11.75 rotors which are really heavy. If you upgrade to the 13" rotors, you'll save quite a bit of weight. The viper calipers aren't much lighter than stock, if at all. -pauly

Pauly, where would I get the 13 inch rotors from? What do they cost? I would think with these rotors you speak of, and the Wilwood DynaPro calipers, (since it's noted they weigh 5 pounds with pads) there would be a significant weight savings, which would really help.....???

I got my kit with the idea to upgrade to the 13s at a later date using the same calipers and lines. just need to spring for about $900 worth of rotors and brackets from ARE.

i think my rotors were $300(13") from Dr.Diff. not sure what he gets for the mounts,i made the prototypes for him but i haven't talked to him since then. for the difference in weight you are getting a **** load better braking. you won't believe it!

The website was down for a couple of days when we did an upgrade. Everything should be running smooth now.

The brake kits are all listed in their own category now. I've added a lot of new pictures to the site as well as a bunch of links to tech articles.

Happy browsing!

www.arengineering.com

I got my kit with the idea to upgrade to the 13s at a later date using the same calipers and lines. just need to spring for about $900 worth of rotors and brackets from ARE.

hey pauly,do you want my old viper mounts? i got all my RMS stuff last week(holyyyyy ****!) so won't need the mounts.

hey pauly,do you want my old viper mounts? i got all my RMS stuff last week(holyyyyy ****!) so won't need the mounts.

for the 13" rotors?
if so, whats their worth?
I'm thinking they won't work with th early Viper calipers.

for the 13" rotors?
if so, whats their worth?
I'm thinking they won't work with th early Viper calipers.

crap. i thought you had the 3rd gen stuff. i figure they are worth at least $30. really more,but i don't need them. they will help somebody out.

-
Back