VIRUS HITTING CLOSE TO HOME

-
Guys, this is a general discussion thread. The OP put it here not N&P. Lets leave the politics to N&P. Yes, religion is political. This will be cleaned up to keep it in general for all to read if this continues to detour.

Last edited:
Not really sure why I get stupid and wonder into the general section once in awhile. I should know better at my age.

I disagree. The N&P is there for a reason. Cawley did not start this thread there nor does he participate. This thread will remain here. The posts will be cleaned up.

I disagree. The N&P is there for a reason. Cawley did not start this thread there nor does he participate. This thread will remain here. The posts will be cleaned up.
That's fine, but it's not a real discussion then. You 2 have fun.

Perhaps y’all should go start a god thread over there and enjoy it. Some folks here want to discuss the virus not personal beliefs.

I'm not sure if you all have heard this, but I was just sent this info again. It was put out there to tell people not to use Advil / Ibuprofen for aches and pains. Use Tylenol etc. Apparently the virus thrives on Ibuprofen and becomes much worse and kick starts it into pneumonia. This person said that healthy people in their 40's in Vancouver who were on ventilators had Ibuprofen in their system. I believe this info is supported by Harvard University doctors. Maybe somebody here knows more? Maybe some can dispute it?

I'm not sure if you all have heard this, but I was just sent this info again. It was put out there to tell people not to use Advil / Ibuprofen for aches and pains. Use Tylenol etc. Apparently the virus thrives on Ibuprofen and becomes much worse and kick starts it into pneumonia. This person said that healthy people in their 40's in Vancouver who were on ventilators had Ibuprofen in their system. I believe this info is supported by Harvard University doctors. Maybe somebody here knows more? Maybe some can dispute it?
It is false. It started early on when a study showed that it might be an issue but it has been rejected now.

069F8B1C-A6F8-4CFA-87FB-64A72A079734.jpeg

68EFFD2B-B652-4CAD-A40B-A33A56DF125F.jpeg

Perfect, I knew one of you med folks would pop in on it.

There is so much floating around it's hard to know what is true or not.

Last edited:
^^My wife must have stock in Advil!!!! I also heard something about this just this AM on TV. It said NO concrete evidence but it suggested Tylonol . I need to get some Tylonol IF AN stores here have any!!!

We are shopping for our neighbor behind us. She is 80+ and we are concerned for her. My wife is an angel.

It is very hard to find protein at the local grocery stores and she is working hard to get the items. We have a local meat market that most do not think about. They have been our savior! Had some Really good 8 oz sirloin steaks tonight with Wild Turkey whiskey Mixed with Sweet Rays BBQ sauce glaze. Weber grill and the meat market! Yumm!

Store was full today for the wife. Great burgers for us tonight. Lots of TP. My neighbor asked for nothing on the trip the wife took!

Looks like things are settling down a little. CV-19 is likely in all of us but effects each of us differently. I am starting to believe it was already there in all of us and only gets triggered in some individuals for some unknown reason, they have yet to determine. I have all the symptoms' But have yet to have had a Fever, and checked 3 times a day. Got the constant dry cough back again yesterday with very bad flem! This has gone on and off and again for well over a month. No test given without the Fever!

This may be were they are messing up! Better today though!

How can this Spread so much when confirmed it is not airborne?

Last edited:
Store was full today for the wife. Great burgers for us tonight. Lots of TP. My neighbor asked for nothing on the trip the wife took!

Looks like things are settling down a little. CV-19 is likely in all of us but effects each of us differently. I am starting to believe it was already there and only gets triggered in some individuals for some unknown reason, they have yet to determine. I have all the symptoms' But have yet to have had a Fever, and checked 3 times a day. Got the constant dry cough back again yesterday with very bad flem! This has gone on and off and again for well over a month. No test given without the Fever!

This may be were they are messing up! Better today though!

How can this Spread so much when confirmed it is not airborne?

Who said it's not airborne. That has been my understanding all along.

Give me a few.

I have a statement from a Local Well Know Hospital. Emory to be in fact and right down the street from the CDC here in Atlanta. As you may know they took in the Ebola docs a year ago or so.

Who said it's not airborne. That has been my understanding all along.

I don't believe it is airborne. Has to make contact with you. Airborne refers to transmission through the air and just being in the room or HVAC or airplane. Legionaires is airborne. Covid had to have contact - that's why they are recommending 6 ft spacing.

Read the whole message. Airborne can be considered as no where near the subject. Getting by direct contact can. it may be semantics.

FAQ: COVID-19 and How It Spreads

March 25, 2020

The following FAQs include the latest information and guidance on COVID-19 transmission, symptoms and testing, PPE and more.

We are constantly learning and responding to new information about this new virus (COVID-19), including our testing capabilities and PPE supplies. Expect that the information below may change, and we will update you when it does.

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to supporting our patients, each other and our community.

COVID-19 Transmission

Q: How does COVID-19 spread?

A: This virus is spread person-to-person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. This occurs between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). Droplets from coughing or sneezing can land in your nose or mouth, or on nearby surfaces. The virus can also be spread by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose, or possibly your eyes. Avoid unnecessary contact (e.g. shaking hands) and perform hand hygiene before and after patient contact and after touching potentially contaminated surfaces to prevent spread.

Q: Can someone spread the virus without being sick?

A: People are thought to be most contagious when they have the most symptoms, such as cough. Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms – there have been reports of this occurring, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads from adults. On the other hand, children may have no or mild symptoms and spread the virus within families, which may account of much of the “asymptomatic transmission” that has been observed. Adults may be contagious with only mild symptoms, which is why it is so important that we monitor ourselves closely.

Q: Is COVID-19 in the air?

A: Based on current data, this virus does not stay suspended in air like TB from coughing or sneezing (see above for more on how is spread).

• • Wear a surgical/procedure mask when seeing symptomatic patients

Aerosol-generating procedures such as intubation, extubation, or deep airway suctioning can keep COVID briefly in the air.

• • Wear N95s (or equivalent such as CAPR) for these procedures and for one hour after if done in a patient care room (15 minutes if done in the OR)

I had a "stop" Work at a Emory remote location this week and had to agree with my crew. The Hepa filters exhausting CV-19 patient rooms caused some stir after an Ill informed General Contractor spouted his mouth off! Had to get clarification to resume work and ensure my crews health.

Last edited:
It’s a droplet that can remain airborne for up to 3 hours
The New England Journal of Medicine this week from scientists at Princeton University, UCLA and the National Institutes of Health. The researchers concluded that the virus could remain airborne for “up to 3 hours post aerosolization.”

On a bright note my Company realized their short comings with the "Cisco" VPN we were using, and has given us an alternative that is much better! My Internet speed to the company network went way up making my work from home more of a joy, without having to go to the office. Not that I was going in much for the last few years but happier none the less! Cisco was making me want to go, especially since all the co-workers are doing the same.

-
Back