VIRUS HITTING CLOSE TO HOME

-
CDC seems to say likewise! Droplets yes but not airborne for any but a short period.

At this point who do we trust?

And have you noticed just how hard it is to not touch your face?

Yes I have. I went to the parts store two days ago. I almost made it back home before I scratched my ear. I was specifically concentrating on it the whole time too.

My wife was in the hospital for a week with a serious infection from a previous surgery I couldn't visit and hold her hand due to being alone her mental state deteriorated quickly along with her health she told me over the phone that she didn't want to die alone once your mind goes in that rabbit hole it's hard to get out fortunately she got well enough to come home so for all you dumb *** non believers I hope you never have to deal with something like this "PURE HELL"

We just got a confirmed case in our town. This dumbass originally from here but moved to New York city decided to come home to visit his family this week!! Omg are you ******* serious?? Knowing good and well what's going on in New York he even posted crap on Facebook about how trump has downplayed it and now newyork is a pandemic so he knew good and well what was going on and still came home. He went to a school board meeting and some LGBT rally or something like that. So god knows how many people have it here know!! I swear I think he should be charged i dont know how thats not illegal. I'm really pissed off about it!

Last edited:
So, I work for a huge corporation which is a nationwide wholesale vehicle auction. There are a few of our auctions in California, Illinois and New York that are closed for obvious reasons. I work in Pennsylvania. I inspect the cars and trucks that both dealers and Chrysler drop off for sale. A lot come from out of state.
My point is , the county that I work in was issued a stay a home order. However, our GM got on the horn to lawyers and managed to somehow state that we are essential and me and fellow employees are essential. We are told that we may take off.. but use our vacation. Wtf! We have no masks, no gloves issued for over a week til yesterday. We're seriously concerned of contracting something from the cars.. but our hands are tied.. We feel the need to voice our concerns and frustrations but dont want to lose our job

We just got a confirmed case in our town. This dumbass originally from here but moved to New York city decided to come home to visit his family this week!! Omg are you ******* serious?? Knowing good and well what's going on in New York he even posted crap on Facebook about how trump has downplayed it and know newyork is a pandemic so he knew good and well what was going on and still came home. He went to a school board meeting and some LGBT rally or something like that. So god knows how many people have it here know!! I swear I think he should be charged i dont know how thats not illegal. I'm really pissed off about it!
not to get too far of topic, but I seem to remember it was illegal to knowingly infect others with an STD without telling them you have if
I would imagine the same would apply here too

but I agree, it is pretty selfish of people to move from infected areas to non infected areas, because your not outrunning this virus, your simply spreading it

not to get too far of topic, but I seem to remember it was illegal to knowingly infect others with an STD without telling them you have if
I would imagine the same would apply here too

but I agree, it is pretty selfish of people to move from infected areas to non infected areas, because your not outrunning this virus, your simply spreading it
Yea I agree I thought the same thing about the STDs when I heard about it. They didn't come here to outrun it they came here to be "heard" at a LGBT rally now they are quarantined here and bitching because they cant go home freaking idoit. I'm so angry about it. I have been keeping close tabs on this since I first heard about it and it's insane how fast its spreading like 4 or 5 days ago it was at 33000 cases then two days later 69000 now 2 days later over 100,000! Because people are not taking it seriously and just going about their lives and being selfish because they dont care. Alot of ppl are going to die as a result of selfishness and stupidity and sadly enough it's not gonna be the stupid idiots that are gonna die! They will live on to spread their ignorant and useless seeds. And the innocent 70 year old man you love talking to at the local gas station or parts store will be gone. It infuriates me!

Flat out illegal. Work if you want, but up here our guv is paying 75% of small and med business wages for people laid off. No doctors note required for calling in sick.
Your boss is a covidiot. An auction house=essential? :BangHead:
So, I work for a huge corporation which is a nationwide wholesale vehicle auction. There are a few of our auctions in California, Illinois and New York that are closed for obvious reasons. I work in Pennsylvania. I inspect the cars and trucks that both dealers and Chrysler drop off for sale. A lot come from out of state.
My point is , the county that I work in was issued a stay a home order. However, our GM got on the horn to lawyers and managed to somehow state that we are essential and me and fellow employees are essential. We are told that we may take off.. but use our vacation. Wtf! We have no masks, no gloves issued for over a week til yesterday. We're seriously concerned of contracting something from the cars.. but our hands are tied.. We feel the need to voice our concerns and frustrations but dont want to lose our job

Flat out illegal. Work if you want, but up here our guv is paying 75% of small and med business wages for people laid off. No doctors note required for calling in sick.
Your boss is a covidiot. An auction house=essential? :BangHead:
My employer isnt letting us out of work it's another part of the covid situation that is really pissing me off. They arent taking it seriously and are coming up with these half asses "measures" to keep us safe like taking our temperature before we clock in and having us take separate breaks. No more than 10 people in the break room, yet yesterday they threw a pizza party! And ordered pizza take out for everyone! Yea I'm serious no I'm not joking and NO I didnt eat it!! They fired a guy yesterday for refusing to come to work. The guy has a new born baby and he called is really worried about it. He called in our 3rd day sick then called in again our 4th day and said he didnt feel safe working with this covid and he wouldnt be in the rest of the week and they told him to not worry about it because he was terminated! These people are ruthless corporate assholes! I'm taking vacation next week and the week after and during that time I'm going to do a online doctor's appointment and try to get fmla for stress or anxiety or something so if it gets really bad in this area I can miss without getting fired. Its bullshit that companies operate like this but I cant afford to loose my job and surely cant afford to start over right now. I have 15 years with this place the money is good I have accumulated a lot of vacation time. But all that isnt worth me and my families health.

I've been at the house for 8 days, now... Luckily, over the past three months I've ordered, or purchased at local stores, enough parts and supplies, to work on my 68 pick up without having to go out, at all. My parts cleaning tank and my bench grinder are also getting a pretty good work out. I've salvaged more stock nuts, bolts, washers, and brackets, that ever before.
I'm thinking I might have to get another wire wheel, though. lol

Not sure what people/employers are waiting for? Last I looked 191 out of 195 countries infected. Each province up here is different, but Ontario is under SOE, and USA is leading the way with infections?
Good luck.
My employer isnt letting us out of work it's another part of the covid situation that is really pissing me off. They arent taking it seriously and are coming up with these half asses "measures" to keep us safe like taking our temperature before we clock in and having us take separate breaks. No more than 10 people in the break room, yet yesterday they threw a pizza party! And ordered pizza take out for everyone! Yea I'm serious no I'm not joking and NO I didnt eat it!! They fired a guy yesterday for refusing to come to work. The guy has a new born baby and he called is really worried about it. He called in our 3rd day sick then called in again our 4th day and said he didnt feel safe working with this covid and he wouldnt be in the rest of the week and they told him to not worry about it because he was terminated! These people are ruthless corporate assholes! I'm taking vacation next week and the week after and during that time I'm going to do a online doctor's appointment and try to get fmla for stress or anxiety or something so if it gets really bad in this area I can miss without getting fired. Its bullshit that companies operate like this but I cant afford to loose my job and surely cant afford to start over right now. I have 15 years with this place the money is good I have accumulated a lot of vacation time. But all that isnt worth me and my families health.

Not sure what people/employers are waiting for? Last I looked 191 out of 195 countries infected. Each province up here is different, but Ontario is under SOE, and USA is leading the way with infections?
Good luck.
They are more worried and the economy and how it will affect their bottom line! They dont give a damn about us or any human life just as long as it doesn't effect that profit margin!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally i think its the flu on steroids. Im not worried BUT with a wife with heart and lung problems, a 72 year old mother with health issues, the risk is too great.

They are more worried and the economy and how it will affect their bottom line! They dont give a damn about us or any human life just as long as it doesn't effect that profit margin!!
Exactly!!! Asshole GM and assistant GM get bonuses for having a auction sale. Its online but we have to photograph and inspect 1000s of cars... basically have a gun to our head... work, or use vacation or find another job. Oh, and the loophole was that we "WAREHOUSE "

My wife is a manager and had to essentially Fire / lay off all of her employees last week it's one thing to lose your job but it's a whole nother thing to lose your medical benefits my heart goes out to those people, and I raise them up them in my prayers

On the bright side.

Global cases to deaths ratio is 622450 to 28794 per CNN

That's about 4-4.5%. Close to the predicted 5%

US cases to deaths is only 111115 to 1842

or about 1.7%

Of course we are earlier in the game.

...it's insane how fast its spreading like 4 or 5 days ago it was at 33000 cases then two days later 69000 now 2 days later over 100,000!

The numbers show it's spreading fast, but it's more a result of many more people getting tested. The more you test, the more infected people you're going to find. If you don't test, then you won't confirm the infected and the numbers will stay the same showing no growth rate.

Last edited:

You should be using protective gear all the time
in your job not just because of the virus.
When you're inspecting those vehicles you don't know what you're going to come across. With all the dangerous drugs out there who's to say one of those car wasn't use to smuggle drugs.
All companies should have a safety plan for their employees and regular meetings to go over them periodically with the employees.
These aren't only to protect employees, but the company too from lawsuits. So it to their benefit too.
Employers I've worked for have had these.

Check out OSHA's web site. I know some guys will say not OSHA, but they are there to protect the workers.

Ventilators will save people... when those run out those at risk people will perish. Time will be the key. Making more ventilators and slowing down the spread, if possible. Hopefully, finding some drug treatments to help.
This is real.

-
Back