Voltage regulator location? Need a new alternator?

-
Since this was bumped, the fix for my situation was that under the dash, some of the wiring to the aftermarket gauges was loose and poorly run, and there were some crispy wires under the dash that were replaced (fuel gauge works now!), and what I think was the biggest problem was the ground on the aftermarket fuse box was hooked up incorrectly!

Thanks everyone for their input and I hope you figure out your issue Perseus!

Since this was bumped, the fix for my situation was that under the dash, some of the wiring to the aftermarket gauges was loose and poorly run, and there were some crispy wires under the dash that were replaced (fuel gauge works now!), and what I think was the biggest problem was the ground on the aftermarket fuse box was hooked up incorrectly!

Thanks everyone for their input and I hope you figure out your issue Perseus!
Thanx.

??The ground on the fuse box??
Yes, sorry for confusing wording. There was a second fuse block I had installed in the engine bay because whoever installed the gauges and new sterio just ran the wires to the original fuse box and jammed the wires beside existing fuses, but when the new fuse block was wired up, the ground was hooked up wrong. So after fixing all those issues everything seems to be all good.

LOL Anybody who has installed big driving lights, two way radio gear, or snowplows or winches on pickups finds out "really quick" how bad factory grounding is, and how important good grounding IS

-
Back