W2 / 1.6 RR valve cover options

-

SwingerMan

Reaction score
It appears that my factory 69 valve covers will not clear the 1.6 rockers/W2 heads on my freshly built 408. Does any one know if these "Direct Connection" covers will clear the rockers? Anyone have any other suggestions? Want to stay away from the ribbed Mopar Performance covers. I like these DC ones and also like the fabbed look which I would paint to match the motor.
Thanks

Direct Connection Chrome Steel Valve Covers
P4349632AB Small-Block (273,318,340,360) Valve Cover Package
Direct Connection chrome valve covers for small and big-block Mopar engines. These covers are just like the originals from the 1970’s and are chrome plated with baffles and grommets. The Direct Connection valve covers will add that perfect retro touch for any 318, 340, 360 along with 383, 400 and 440 engines.
FEATURES/BENEFITS
- Stamped from brand new tooling to ensure superior valve cover sealing
- High luster chrome finish with vintage “Direct Connection” logo
- Package includes two chrome valve covers with built in baffles and rubber grommets

Want to stay away from the ribbed Mopar Performance covers.
Why?
I like these DC ones and also like the fabbed look which I would paint to match the motor.
Dc and MP are the same. Just a FYI since you seemed to have written it in an odd way.

The fabbed aluminum covers I have not yet seen. As "in person."

The steel covers you list are the same as stock covers. So you would be purchasing your headache.

Why?
Dc and MP are the same. Just a FYI since you seemed to have written it in an odd way.

The fabbed aluminum covers I have not yet seen. As "in person."

The steel covers you list are the same as stock covers. So you would be purchasing your headache.

I don't care for the looks of the finned Mopar performance covers. However I do like the looks of the "direct connection" stamped covers. I think I'm leaning towards the fabbed style since I am sure those will give me plenty of clearance.

When I put roller rockers on my Barracuda, they hit the baffles in the stock valve covers. I just "clearanced" the baffles a bit with a block of wood and a hammer...no more interference.

Thanks for the link I think these are the ones I am going with.
Funny I posted that link in Chat the other night,looking to buy some myself.Next day I got a PM from a member selling a pair new.Should look good on my 410sb.:D You can,t beat the price shipped.

Funny I posted that link in Chat the other night,looking to buy some myself.Next day I got a PM from a member selling a pair new.Should look good on my 410sb.:D You can,t beat the price shipped.

I have these covers on my TT Engine. Out of the Box these are Shiny like a Mirror, but they scratch very easily. The Rails are true and straight, they do not leak at all and I am using Cork Gaskets. I have bought and used the un polished set of these covers from Pro Comp and the rails were so crooked they leaked like a garden hose no matter what I did, so I junked them.

Here are the matching breathers..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-Bi...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfb0ded4a#ht_4098wt_951

I don't care for the looks of the finned Mopar performance covers. However I do like the looks of the "direct connection" stamped covers. I think I'm leaning towards the fabbed style since I am sure those will give me plenty of clearance.

I can totally dig that. Some guys just don't like the finned covers. LOL, proof of 1 size doesn't fit all. I do like the wide cover look.

i bought the mopar chrome covers from mmancini,had to dent them with a ball peen to make them clear big valve springs.and the baffle had to be knocked on a bit too.

-
Back