W2 408 sb mopar on the dyno

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Made 590HP on pump gas with 10.4:1, victor intake, true 950HP ultra, and TTI 1 7/8 headers.
Here's the link to one of the dyno pulls:
[ame="http://youtu.be/WI1VQyyarwY"]302 Found[/ame]

Attachments

• DSC00302.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • DSC00308.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 805
  • DSC00310.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC00305.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 838
Sweet,what cam? That is my dream combo.Couldn't find any W2's in 06 to 08.Nice numbers! By the way,smoking deal on the CC 400 build,on your website.A shameless plug for ya.

Cam is street solid roller, 254-260@ .050 and 670 lift on a 112lca. 1.6 TD rockers.
With 1.7 rockers and more intake port work/head port work it would have made well over 600 but not too bad for minor port work on both heads and intake.
Thanks for that shameless plug too!!

Brian nice job !!! I will give a plug for you and say that I have called and asked you and your dad tech questions. You guys rock !!! Always helpful, always polite Thank you for your willingness to answer questions and give of yourselves !~!! I will always remeber that and tell others !!!

Very nice Brian! Another mid 10's engine in a full weight "A" body. And on pump gas, don't get much better then that. :thumrigh:

sweet I want it...

my buddy JUST got done with putting a GM LS1 into a '74 nissan 240Z...thing hauls AZZ!! Thing weighs only 2500 lbs though....I need a good mill to keep up...

Were the cleaner A/F's from your carb?

That intake swap sure didn't hurt... :)

Good point,Rob. Didn't know Eddy made a Victor,for W2's.Good info.

Were the cleaner A/F's from your carb?

That intake swap sure didn't hurt... :)

No, the True 950 was leaner, and after richening it up it lost HP! It liked it leaner than norm for my meters.
Thanks guys. I guess I should post pics of the 726HP 427 sb mopar we built...!

Victor intake was worth 10HP and more power everywhere including 3000rpm and the true 950 was worth 8HP and more power everywhere over the 950HP.

Taking a guess here, Heads flow about 290-300ish @.650?
Valve size?

Nope, only 285 @.500 and 290 @.550 and then they maintain 289-291cfm up to .700 lift. Intake valve is 2.08.
We only did a mild port job to the heads so nothing exotic.

That cam,should be a sweetie in a 408.Hell,I had a 260 at .050,106 l/c hydraulic flat tappet.Had a consistent 6" at idle.Idle speed 1100-ish.

Victor intake was worth 10HP and more power everywhere including 3000rpm and the true 950 was worth 8HP and more power everywhere over the 950HP.

What intake was on it before?

Wild,agreement on both parts.Wazoo,ln the lift dept.Merry Christmas,all!

Forgive me, been a while. But dont the regular W2's cc in the 50's? Just curious what you used for pistons (dish) and compresssed gasket numbers to get to 10.4.

Forgive me, been a while. But dont the regular W2's cc in the 50's? Just curious what you used for pistons (dish) and compresssed gasket numbers to get to 10.4.

This is an open chamber head, so the chambers were around 73cc with a flattop piston.

Wild,agreement on both parts.Wazoo,ln the lift dept.Merry Christmas,all!

No way! That lift is nothing. After lash and deflection it's probably .635 at the valve.
Check out a set of calipers sometime and really look at the difference between .600 and .700...just isn't that much. What you get that you cannot see is valve SPEED!

M1 intake that I ported quite heavily. Minimal porting on the Victor.

Of course that was with this particular combo.

Have you seen gains with Victor vs M1 in much milder 4" strokers? Or is that too much of a generalization?

Of course that was with this particular combo.

Have you seen gains with Victor vs M1 in much milder 4" strokers? Or is that too much of a generalization?

Never tried this on a milder 500HP or less engine. So far the best intake for milder 408's has been the rpm airgap. It makes way more power from 2500 to about 4500rpm than any single plane I've used and most times it will match peak HP but make it earlier!

No, the True 950 was leaner, and after richening it up it lost HP! It liked it leaner than norm for my meters.
Thanks guys. I guess I should post pics of the 726HP 427 sb mopar we built...!

The shop I work at has found similar results with the Ultra Holleys. Like to run leaner than usual, and worth 10 or so HP over most other carbs. I want to try the Ultra carbs metering blocks on a standard HP, see if thats where the magic is :D

Love those W2's. I would've expected more torque than 520 but the headers may have something to do with that. Why the big C/L on the cam? J.Rob

-
Back