W2 heads and intake question

-

Wheels

Reaction score
I have a line on some w2 heads and a w2 intake with spare rockers
they have been On a shelf for 20 years so they need to be cleaned
probably will need to lap the valves or cut them etc. Just wondering what they are worth. $1500 , $1000 . $500.00 or should I just use my 2.02 ported "u" heads? These would be going on my 340 T/A block with .030 over pistons. Will they make more power then my U or X heads and are they worth spending the coin on?

Thanks for your thoughts

W2 will make more power then any other cast iron small block cylinder head...

Depends on where he wants his power and what kind of portwork/valve size.
Is your motor set up for high (7500 rpm) revs ? What gears.?.what headers are you running?
Don't use "chevy mentality" more is not always better. Like a stock 350 with dual quads....how come my car is so slow out of the whole ???...lol

LOL! You mean outta the hole and on the whole! LOL!

Are the heads ported?
Are yours ported?
Compare flow rates between the heads.

With sitting on the shelf and needing gone through,I,d say in the $1000 range.Remember you,ll need W2 headers also.

LOL! You mean outta the hole and on the whole! LOL!

Are the heads ported?
Are yours ported?
Compare flow rates between the heads.

yeah.... I'm getting so old that I have forgotten my vocabulary....lol

I've had W2's and they work great... but my motor didn't start coming on until around 3500 rpms.. pulled great between 5500-7800 ! If you had a big stroker I am sure it would be a different animal.

By the time you're done with the setup and have the correct headers and pushrods you would probably be cheaper to get some Eddy's or other aftermarket modern head that flows great at lower lifts ....
Just an opinion...might be wrong . Other guys on FABO have more current and extensive experience with modern heads.

w2 heads will make more HP then other Iron heads and most after market heads but there are other parts needed to make the transaction and its not cheap! but W2 are a big upgrade. I would build the U or X heads for street use

What W2 heads are they? Race? Econo? Long valve? Short valve? There are several part numbers and variations. Some of them require a TON of $$$$ in rocker and valve train parts, so be careful.

-
Back