W2 roller rockers

-
will do.... like I said I have to pursue this Hemi Roadrunner before I can start spending money on the Dart again.
In some ways I kinda wish I hadn't found the Runner... I'm really jacked about this Dart. But you dont get many chances to buy #s matching Hemi cars... This is my second . I didn't follow up on a 70 Hemi Charger 4sp SuperTrack pack car in the late 90's thinking it would be way too much money... The guy that told me about it bought it 6 mo's later for 16,800 and it turned 30k on the way home ! I'm still beating myself for that one ! I could of puked when i saw it !

Yes a Hemi car would be sweet. That is a goal for me later in life. Personally I would rather the Road Runner over the 70 Charger. Good score!! Is it a four speed?

Pretty much exactly what I have so far (...1.6 HS rockers) ....what lifters ? What springs ? Im concerned that too much spring pressure will be hard on street driven solid lifters..
Comp lifters, springs, retainers,locks.

Comp lifters, springs, retainers,locks.

I meant spring rate....

Yes a Hemi car would be sweet. That is a goal for me later in life. Personally I would rather the Road Runner over the 70 Charger. Good score!! Is it a four speed?

if you look behind the barracuda in my avatar you will see a 70 Charger . It was my first car so i have a special place in my heart for them.

I meant spring rate....

if you look behind the barracuda in my avatar you will see a 70 Charger . It was my first car so i have a special place in my heart for them.
943-16s, dualspring, 551 lbs./in. Rate

Did you want to do a solid cam, Hyd. roller or a soild roller?

Just for giggles, without knowing all the details, I'd say you need about 270-275 at .050, .725 lift with lash no more that .020 hot in a single pattern on a 109 with a 110 LSA absolute MAX and put it in at 107-108.

Let's see how close I am.
What?!?!

With 3.55 gears and a 26 inch tire?
Are you smokin crack again?!?!

LMAO!!!!!!

Your cam suggestion with a single plane and big carb. Lots-O-gear and converter. Thumbs up.

Oh! Did you get That M1 tunnel ram for the W2?

Would that combo sound stock ?
would the cruise control work ?

Hehehehe......:rofl:

What?!?!

With 3.55 gears and a 26 inch tire?
Are you smokin crack again?!?!

LMAO!!!!!!

Your cam suggestion with a single plane and big carb. Lots-O-gear and converter. Thumbs up.

Oh! Did you get That M1 tunnel ram for the W2?

I missed where he said 3.55's. He did say street/race so I never think of 3.55's for any type of decent N/A street/race deal.

Didn't know he wanted to run cruise and AC either.

At 400 plus inches he needs enough cam to pull 6500. Even with a W-2 he is short on head and definitely would benefit from extensive intake manifold work.

Still haven't found a TR yet. Thinking about a couple of manifolds on here to weld up. The. The guy has a TR top I'm looking for...I think...I need to waddle through the freaking snow and make sure I have the base I think I have.

I want to convert one intake to a dominator top so I can use one of the dominators I have.

So much to do, so much freaking snow pissing me off. If my car wasn't together and ready to drive, it'd be sunny and 50 damn degrees outside.

Yes sir. They are. He is still producing them. He is a one man show working out of his home garage. He has no web site, but his info is floating around the net.

Norris is no longer made and I got a smokin deal on the Harlan Sharps due to the less than pretty finish on the exhaust rockers. They anodizing process was skipped. Besides I used them on a solid roller 440-6 with out a hitch for many years.

I am building a near identical 408 and would be interested in the results for the rest of you guys.

I am still up in the air on cam grind. I am looking for the sleeper effect so I want my idle to be somewhat close to normal...but my heads should flow 600+ so I want to take advantage of the flow.

Any recommendations on cam profiles ?

408 Forged Scat kit w/ 22cc dished icons
65 cc race W2s Shady Dell Stage 2 and polished chambers 2.02
Solid roller ?
M1 Dual Plane port matched
TTI Step headers
4 sp

You guys do realize I was joking about cruise and A/C ....right ?
3.55s for running around town.... swap in 4.10s or 4.30s with a spool to race...thats the beauty of 8 3/4s.

I would however love to have a somewhat reasonable idle if possible with modern profiles and CLAs. Thats why I thought keeping lift around .600 range would be necesary .

I dont know, 4.56s with 26inch drag radials, and the 42RH overdrive, makes for some hilarious burnouts at will, and can still cruise down the highway like 3.55s and a no OD trans. Shifting at 7K is fun and then topping out OD at somewhere around 135(guess, because my speedo was buried long before that)

Mine idles just fine at 900 too.Now I dont typically drive it once temps get over 95 though. No AC makes that no fun

Yes sir. They are. He is still producing them. He is a one man show working out of his home garage. He has no web site, but his info is floating around the net.

Really ? I didnt know.
Herb Mccandless set me up with them. Walked me thru the build on my 1st W2 personally over the phone.
What a great guy !

3.55s for running around town.... swap in 4.10s or 4.30s with a spool to race...thats the beauty of 8 3/4s.
No, i took you seriously.
Solid flat tappet?
Hyd. roller?
Solid roller?
If you had it in your pocket, I would suggest 1.6 rockers. I have seen some cams that would work well with 4.10 & + gears. But you also want to run 3.55's as well. Are we serious? Or joking again?

Really ? I didnt know.
Herb Mccandless set me up with them. Walked me thru the build on my 1st W2 personally over the phone.
What a great guy !

Yeah. I have a friend who recently got some new ones from him. I am trying to get the guy's info so I can share it.

Yeah. I have a friend who recently got some new ones from him. I am trying to get the guy's info so I can share it.

Please do. I'd order a set tomorrow.

I had to hunt him down in 1999. I figured he retired. I know I learned a bunch from him about rocker design and his thoughts on adjuster placement. Seems he was a two man shop at the time but it was a while ago.

I would however love to have a somewhat reasonable idle if possible with modern profiles and CLAs. Thats why I thought keeping lift around .600 range would be necesary .

Ok, I give. What is CLA?

I'm just a big fan of lift. If you can get Norris rockers they are worth every single cent and then some. With today's springs, good retainers and a lifter with at least an .810 wheel .700 lift in not a big deal. When .600 is not a big deal for a SFT a roller is much easier to do. Plus, you can get 2.00 installed height which makes springs easier to get.

No, i took you seriously.
Solid flat tappet?
Hyd. roller?
Solid roller?
If you had it in your pocket, I would suggest 1.6 rockers. I have seen some cams that would work well with 4.10 & + gears. But you also want to run 3.55's as well. Are we serious? Or joking again?

As mentioned early on ... I plan on going solid roller. And I already have 1.6 HS rockers,. Heads are race heads not Econos..
My concern about such high lift is the spring pressure required and what that might do to the longevity of the rollers.
I do realize that the idle will be more aggressive than stock ...

As mentioned early on ... I plan on going solid roller. And I already have 1.6 HS rockers,. Heads are race heads not Econos..
My concern about such high lift is the spring pressure required and what that might do to the longevity of the rollers.
I do realize that the idle will be more aggressive than stock ...

600 over the nose is not much pressure. Depending on the lobe you won't need more than that. It's not 1985 any more. The lobe has way more to do with how much spring pressure you need than lift. FWIW, you do realize that you have more spring pressure at .600 lift than you do at .500 lift with the same spring right?

Rockers would probably be okay, its the springs and lifters that would take most of the beating.

Yes I understand spring rates...
The lifter rollers are exactly what I would be worried about. I will run oiled rollers.
Maybe the MRL for the offset intakes

-
Back