W2 setup and hood clearance

-

BullyDart

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 340 with W2s and Holley intake will fit under a factory hood?

Thanks

I can say the Street Dominator and the Strip Dominator are the same height. However that awesome Pro Dominator Tunnel Ram is not! LMAO!

If you could supply a height measurement, it can be matched up against a RPM per say. Or what others have on top of there mill.

Strip dominator
IMG_20211224_124746.jpg

yes...had w2 heads and holley sd intake on 72 Demon....Stock hood fit with no problems

I run a W2 Victor and it clears with the stock 69 340 air cleaner... barely. I also have a drop base from Mancini which allows plenty of clearance.

The Pro Dominator is 3" taller BTW

DA22747D-307D-46D9-A05A-2158C71EB542.jpeg
DE7FC956-B1B7-4038-91E6-010C05914F10.jpeg

W2 heads with a Strip Dominator and a 70s dual snorkel air cleaner fit under the hood on a 64 Barracuda. The hood insulation touches the lid of the air cleaner, but it fits without issues. I would think it would fit your car as well. Mount it all up and check clearance before you slam the hood down.

What adapters were used here to get the Edelbrock carbs on the Pro Dominator? What linkage was used in this application, this is the first time I've seen Eddy carbs on one of these intakes.

What adapters were used here to get the Edelbrock carbs on the Pro Dominator? What linkage was used in this application, this is the first time I've seen Eddy carbs on one of these intakes.

I made my own but Eddie sells them . Unfortunately they are on Intergalactic backorder.

If I had a mill they would have been cheap and eazy peazy ...

-
Back