Wadda ya think?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm REALLY liking the way the body colored lid looks.... I know I've thrown this out here before, but I think I'm dropping the lid and paint off and having it shot professionally and cleared.
SANY0010-vi.jpg

SANY0011-vi.jpg

And please...try and visualize THESE headers installed! The above pipes are for engine break-in only!

070307_12241-vi.jpg

nice touch if the block was the same color it woulda been cool nice headers looks expensive

Looks like Hooker Comps for break in and tti's for the engine afterwards.
Did I get it right John?

i'm liking the body colored lid more too. i think it will look good. are you putting a 340-6barrel sticker on it?

Like last time. I dig it. It ties the motor to the body nicely. Not over done at all. If the valve covers were painted the same I would say too much. Nice work.

BTW. How are you routing your alternator wires? On top or under the valve covers. I was wondering how I was going to do mine since there are no more tabs on the valve covers.

The break-in headers are a set of beat-to-death (2 yrs. old...:sad2: ) P.O.S. Hooker Super Comps, while those "ex$penive" looking headers are just that, a set of polished, ceramic coated (with thermal barrier...) TTI's. Go to Mancini's to see the pricing. I'm embarrassed to post what I paid for them (plus the complete 2.5" dual H-pipe system behind it).

The lid will stay body color. I think... as I like it too much. Although the stock orange might work too as a tie-in to the block color. Then there's chrome. And as for the air cleaner decal, I'm still on the fence with that one. It should rear 340-6 Barrel since it is a Plymouth, but the engine IS a 360... so what should I do?
6barrel-vi.jpg

Maybe paint on a fish?
FISHFANGS-vi.gif

BTW. How are you routing your alternator wires? On top or under the valve covers. I was wondering how I was going to do mine since there are no more tabs on the valve covers.

The wires will mount on top of the covers. I'll fab up some sort of holder when I get to that stage. I had laid them over the valve cover when I installed the fuel lines. I should have flopped them back over before snapping the picture. :cwm10:

I agree with june. LOL

The body colour lid looks really good. I wouldn't add the decal though, unless the lid is orange.

The break-in headers are a set of beat-to-death (2 yrs. old...:sad2: ) P.O.S. Hooker Super Comps, while those "ex$penive" looking headers are just that, a set of polished, ceramic coated (with thermal barrier...) TTI's. Go to Mancini's to see the pricing. I'm embarrassed to post what I paid for them (plus the complete 2.5" dual H-pipe system behind it).

The lid will stay body color. I think... as I like it too much. Although the stock orange might work too as a tie-in to the block color. Then there's chrome. And as for the air cleaner decal, I'm still on the fence with that one. It should rear 340-6 Barrel since it is a Plymouth, but the engine IS a 360... so what should I do?
6barrel-vi.jpg

Maybe paint on a fish?
FISHFANGS-vi.gif

Take the 340-6 barrel sticker to any good graphics company and they should be able to make you a custom 360-6 Barrel one that looks just like the original. Maybe even have a few made up just incase.

With or without the sticker it looks bitchin. Be even nicer when those TTI's are in there too. I bought a set for the wife's 66, love the headers, hate the price tag.

The wires will mount on top of the covers. I'll fab up some sort of holder when I get to that stage. I had laid them over the valve cover when I installed the fuel lines. I should have flopped them back over before snapping the picture. :cwm10:

I was thinking of using the rubber insulated fuel line clamps. I was able to shrink tube that part of the harness since I rewired the alternator and temperature gauge. I"m not sure if I like the shrink tubing look. Something to be said about good old tape. The corrugated stuff looks terribble too IMO.

I feel your pain on the full TTI setup. $$$ ouch but I love them now that I finaly got them installed. The exhaust x-pipes went in perfect.

I'd be interest in seeing what kind of holder you come up with.

I'd be interest in seeing what kind of holder you come up with.

Actually I was thinking of some sort of insulated clamp too, such as for fuel lines. I just have to use the intake manifold bolts since the valve cover bolts are at the top of the covers.

We'll see.... :iconbigg:

Love the lid!!!! It looks great John.....I wouldn't change a thing....very cool!

There's just something about having it body color. I like it. It sets the rest of the engine off.

Fred B

i agree about taking the sticker to a graphic place and scanning it in and make it say 360-6 barrel. that would be cool. wadda ya think??

I say leave it body color, looks great. Will look even better with clear on it. On a side note, pull the master & adapter & have them polished. You have to pull the guts out of the master due to the heat but they look good polished. Just somthing to think about.

On a side note, pull the master & adapter & have them polished.Just somthing to think about.

I've been thinking about doing that, especially since I haven't bled the system yet and it's still dry....

And as for the decal for the lid, I think I might go with nothing.... I like the clean look. But this could change.....:silent:

I think that looks fantastic w/it matching the body colorand those headers
rock more than just the bank account - Bill

-
Back