Wahooo...it's finally here!!!

-
I'll be down at the shop sometime this week and I will talk to him and ask him about that for you Geoff 8). If he knows anything, I will get him to spill the beans on all of it and email you what notes I can get from him. Also, on the street van emblems, they are near impossible to find! The best three options I can come up with on this is to find someone to lend you a set to either get a set CNC'd for it or take their set and make a mold and cast yourself a resin copy of them, or go with decals. The decal option is kinda lame, but those street van emblems are so hard to come by. Heck, the van Nella got alone is hard to come by, very glad you got it though:-D. There's a guy down the road from me who is a mopar nut, in the past months, I have seen vans, chargers, cudas, darts, and satellites and alot of other mopars come and go from his yard. Imma ask him if he knows where a street van is sitting or where some emblems may be.

Oh! and I forgot to put this first time typing this, but if you go the resin cast route. You can get clear resin and dye it any color you like. I.e. Plum Crazy with black edges 8).

A number of years back, the inlaws had a van for the father-in-law who was a "quad' at the age of 42. The van they had, had an arm that would swing down, you would attach the wheel chair to the arm on these lifting eyes and the arm would lift him and his chair up into the van. It wasn't as nice as some I have seen where you just wheel yourself up onto a platform but it was functional.

What are your plans for this?

Oh yes, and tell Nella she has a very beautiful SMILE!

Well nothingbutdarts, I have an extra lift squirred away in the shop right now that I'm going to mock up in the van, just to see how it's going to work out, its the exact same model as we have in our current van. Our friends got a new lift and the conversion center just throws away the old ones, so they told us to go and get it. The mother board had just been replaced to the tune of $1500.00 so I didn't want to let it go in case ours fails. Now I'm glad I got it to do the mock up. When the van is complete, we're going to get a new lift installed, as there are some really nice new designs. Nella has some pretty good insurance and they will pay for 2 lifts before she is 18 when the insurance runs out, so we are trying to baby our current lift along until she's closer to the cutoff, another reason I picked up the extra lift, she's 12 right now.

Leanna, we have no intentions of letting you out of anything!! You have been such a good friend to us and Nella just loves you so much, how could we not include you this project??? When we get rolling and figure out exactly what theme we are going to do with the van, your skills and talents are going to be of the utmost importance. And don't think we're going to neglect Sunfish and the dash project either!!! I'm gonna get on that now that the holiday season is passed.

We hope to include every one of our FABO family somehow, so you all can be proud to say that you got to share in a little girls dream. You all mean the world to us, and we can't thank everybody enough for taking the time to care so much about us, and give us the inspiration we need to see a project like this through. Your words of encouragement, your offers to help in any way possible, all of it is very much appreciated and we can't thank you enough. It's going to be an FABO community project, and we can't think of a better way to get it done than to share it with all of our family here. God bless you all, you are the best!!! Geof

Geof, If you could put together a "wish" list of parts you are seeking for the build, I would be more than honored to contribute in a small way by knocking off something on your punch list. This would be a GREAT way to help you out on your build and to also keep your out of pocket expenses down some. I'm sure that there are a lot of others out here who would be "in" on this idea. Come on Guys and Gals, this is a little girls dream machine!!!! Lets MAKE this happen!!!!!

Tour de force. That name fits a van well also. Heres a pic

Attachments

• horses.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 92
Geof, If you could put together a "wish" list of parts you are seeking for the build, I would be more than honored to contribute in a small way by knocking off something on your punch list. This would be a GREAT way to help you out on your build and to also keep your out of pocket expenses down some. I'm sure that there are a lot of others out here who would be "in" on this idea. Come on Guys and Gals, this is a little girls dream machine!!!! Lets MAKE this happen!!!!!
X2, post it up here, as I said, I know where a bunch of old vans of similar style and size are sitting from A100s to Econolines. All stacked up in a massive heap on this guys property, nothing is holy to him, or worth much.:toothy10:

geof, if you could put together a "wish" list of parts you are seeking for the build, i would be more than honored to contribute in a small way by knocking off something on your punch list. This would be a great way to help you out on your build and to also keep your out of pocket expenses down some. I'm sure that there are a lot of others out here who would be "in" on this idea. Come on guys and gals, this is a little girls dream machine!!!! Lets make this happen!!!!!

x3

And when all is said, done and completed I hope that beautiful GTX gets to stay in your stable!!!!

Well nothingbutdarts, I'm coming up with a plan to get the ball rolling on the van, and it's a plan that's gonna include a bunch of good A-body parts for sale here to people who may need them. I'm going to be going through every spare part I have and putting them out there for the good people here if they need them. I'm going to start by doing jobs in increments, and selling parts and setting aside every penny from the sale of the parts to complete one phase at a time. If at the end of my stash I need to sell the car, I'm gonna do it, the van is that important. Of course, if I don't have to sell the car, I'm not gonna, but I have no hesitation in getting rid of it if I have to. We use our van every day, and the GTX got driven twice last year. Now, of course thats partly because we have the A-bodies, but neither of them are mine and I have no intention of making Nella choose between her convertible and the van, thats just not fair. I am the provider for this family, and I will see this project through if it means selling the GTX, my beloved Martin guitars, or anything else I have, except the standup bass, I need that to keep the $$$ rolling in!!!

As for a list of things I need for the van, I don't know exactly what I need just yet. First thing I need to do is empty it of all of the items that Chuck included and take stock of whats there. He included an 8 3/4 rear for it, so I'm going to send that off to the blaster and I already have a suregrip center section for it, so that's all set. He also included a 727 smallblock trans, so I'll just send that over to be rebuilt. I have a dozen motors to choose from, and I'm leaning towards a 1970 318 that I have, so off to the rebuilder that will go. I will be looking for some van specific items like the visor above the windshield, the rear wheel flares, and of course some ideas and how-to's about interior lighting, media hookups and other stuff I don't usually have to do in cars, or life for that matter. Nella will be choosing the color, paint scheme, and she really likes the look of Cragar 5 spoke rims, so those are definetly gonna happen. I'll keep you all posted, and if anybody has anything I need, I'll be glad to make deals for stuff I have, buy them outright or do anything I have to do to get them. Thanks everyone for all the input, it's really keeping me excited about this project!!

And to Daredevil, I love the look of that picture, and I'm gonna try to get it enlarged so Nella can get a good look at it. She really loves horses so thats gotta be included in the theme somehow!!! Thanks again all, Geof

Well nothingbutdarts, I'm coming up with a plan to get the ball rolling on the van, and it's a plan that's gonna include a bunch of good A-body parts for sale here to people who may need them. I'm going to be going through every spare part I have and putting them out there for the good people here if they need them. I'm going to start by doing jobs in increments, and selling parts and setting aside every penny from the sale of the parts to complete one phase at a time. If at the end of my stash I need to sell the car, I'm gonna do it, the van is that important. Of course, if I don't have to sell the car, I'm not gonna, but I have no hesitation in getting rid of it if I have to. We use our van every day, and the GTX got driven twice last year. Now, of course thats partly because we have the A-bodies, but neither of them are mine and I have no intention of making Nella choose between her convertible and the van, thats just not fair. I am the provider for this family, and I will see this project through if it means selling the GTX, my beloved Martin guitars, or anything else I have, except the standup bass, I need that to keep the $$$ rolling in!!!

As for a list of things I need for the van, I don't know exactly what I need just yet. First thing I need to do is empty it of all of the items that Chuck included and take stock of whats there. He included an 8 3/4 rear for it, so I'm going to send that off to the blaster and I already have a suregrip center section for it, so that's all set. He also included a 727 smallblock trans, so I'll just send that over to be rebuilt. I have a dozen motors to choose from, and I'm leaning towards a 1970 318 that I have, so off to the rebuilder that will go. I will be looking for some van specific items like the visor above the windshield, the rear wheel flares, and of course some ideas and how-to's about interior lighting, media hookups and other stuff I don't usually have to do in cars, or life for that matter. Nella will be choosing the color, paint scheme, and she really likes the look of Cragar 5 spoke rims, so those are definetly gonna happen. I'll keep you all posted, and if anybody has anything I need, I'll be glad to make deals for stuff I have, buy them outright or do anything I have to do to get them. Thanks everyone for all the input, it's really keeping me excited about this project!!

And to Daredevil, I love the look of that picture, and I'm gonna try to get it enlarged so Nella can get a good look at it. She really loves horses so thats gotta be included in the theme somehow!!! Thanks again all, Geof

We should nick name you "The Man with a plan"

I/we look forward to following the build and maybe helping with anything you might need to completed Nella's van

Don't know if you noticed in the pics on my parts post, but that van I'm parting has a ladder and a roof rack, and roof vents, as well as the flares and windows you're getting from me. If you want them, let me know and I'll throw them in.

-
Back