-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Some time back I had to sell my 72 Duster with a race prepaired 225 Slant Six due to the economy.

I am now a few yrs later looking to replace it, and starting to locate the parts needed for my next engine build.

I am trying to locate the following..
170CID block
198CID Crank & Rods
225CID Head (late 70s using peanut spark plugs)

Things are still kinda tight, and I am not looking for a built engine. If you have any of these parts, I am interested.

If any one has a good idea on a crank trigger for ignition, I would be interested in purchasing.

John 8)

I have a free slant six 198 cubic inch. Ran great, just removed from 71 duster for a 340 swap. Located in northwest Connecticut. Let me know if your interested. You must pick it up tho. John

If you don't mind my asking....
What is your stoker build details please?

Later,
Bruce B.

How about a 210 CID low-block 170? I built one of these for my '68 Hyper-pak equipped Barracuda drag car. This was done using a 198 crankshaft in the 170 block with a 0.100" overbore (3.50" bore).

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/stroking/stroking.htm

he can also use 2.2 turbo pistons, which are sought after for a slant six build

not to hi jack the thread, good luck finding the parts...BUMP!8)

If you don't mind my asking....
What is your stoker build details please?

Later,
Bruce B.

Similiar to what 66 Dart Wagon suggested, making use of the the 198 crank and rods in a 170 block when bored out .100 gives you 210 CID engine that's much faster rev'n and capable of higher rpms. Along with a higher compression ratio.

To specify what my goal is. Trying to find a 170 block is hard enough. Finding one that has all 6 bores in the correct location to safely support .100 over, is near impossible. My goal is to push 060 over, running custom pistons and rings. This will result in 205 CID. I could go .080 over, and end up with a 207, but I don't think its worth all the work to gain the extra 2cid. It will just depend on the block I get.

Then the rest of my engine will be cam, fuel management, and exhaust. I have some idea's on what I would like, but we will see.

Thanks,
John =P~

I have a free slant six 198 cubic inch. Ran great, just removed from 71 duster for a 340 swap. Located in northwest Connecticut. Let me know if your interested. You must pick it up tho. John

Thanks for the offer, but your 3000 miles away ( I live by Seattle Wa ). Though I would be curious how much shipping on the Crank and Rods would be.

Thanks anyways,
John

Hello , I have the 170 but I'm in Hayward Ca, 94545 . Maybe your in line for a roadtrip ??

Steve

Deal of the day. I have a 1973 225 and 3 speed with 89,000 miles on them, pulled out of the car that i drove in the shop to build. The price today is FREE.... Haul it away and its yours. North East oregon. Baker City

Hello , I have the 170 but I'm in Hayward Ca, 94545 . Maybe your in line for a roadtrip ??

Steve

I am interested. I have a brother that lives in Cali. He is in a wheel chair, so someone would need to load it for him. He is planning a trip back to Washington soon. I just started a new job, I wish I could afford a road trip. I worked it out, and it would be $320 in Gas round trip. That would be a cool trip.

PM me the details and cost. I will see what I can do.

Thanks,
John :cheers:

Deal of the day. I have a 1973 225 and 3 speed with 89,000 miles on them, pulled out of the car that i drove in the shop to build. The price today is FREE.... Haul it away and its yours. North East oregon. Baker City

I will pass, but thanks anyways. I built a 225 and pulled 13.9 sec in Quarter Mile. I am set on building a "short stroke" storker.

Thanks for your offer,
John=P~

Steve

Bummer, my bro is 400 miles south of you. I am only 800 miles north. I may have to consider a road trip. Depending on how much you want, let me see what I can come up with for gas to make the trip.

Thanks,
John

I am interested. I have a brother that lives in Cali. He is in a wheel chair, so someone would need to load it for him. He is planning a trip back to Washington soon.

I could load it for him , no problem . I know you said he was south of me so when he comes by on his way north he could pick it up ... I just shipped a 200 pound pallet down to San Diego ( about 450 miles from me) for $150.00 so that might be an option also .

Steve

I could load it for him , no problem . I know you said he was south of me so when he comes by on his way north he could pick it up ... I just shipped a 200 pound pallet down to San Diego ( about 450 miles from me) for $150.00 so that might be an option also .

Steve

Thanks, I PM'd you.

Trying to find a 170 block is hard enough. Finding one that has all 6 bores in the correct location to safely support .100 over, is near impossible.

A good machine shop can sleeve it to accomodate that bore size.....and probably more. Of course, depending on your budget, it might be cost prohibitive, but certainly nowhere near "near impossible".

I have a good running 170 also.....in the San Diego area.....if that works out for you better.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back