partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
WANTED: 3/8" or 1/2" 68 Cuda Tank fuel sending unit - RACE

I am looking for a fabricated 3/8" or 1/2" OEM length fuel tank pickup sending unit to use for Race for 68 Cuda (stock gas tank).
I wish to use my factory gas gauge in the cluster, so I will need the ground strap to fit correctly onto steel base as stock.
I figure SOMEBODY out there makes these correct or fabricates them in the 3/8 or 1/2". Any leads really appreciated.
The Year One/eBay A-Body units are not the correct length.

I am using a new stock gas tank for my drag Cuda. I ordered one of Year One's 3/8" fuel sending units and it is too short. Looks nothing like the factory unit. I don't know how they get away with selling these for the 67-9 Darts and Cudas, they are flat out INCORRECT.

SO, I was forced to use the stock teeny-weeny 5/16" stock fuel pickup sending unit. At least it is the correct length.
IF you have used one of these Year One or eBay units, your fuel will only start to register once the tank is 1/4 full, as you may have noticed.

I am also open to ideas to use an aftermarket GAS GAUGE unit via the stock tank, if anyone knows of one.

fuel-send-01A.jpg

You can make a 3/8" one yourself. Just cut, and drill out the 5/16". Have someone tig the tube in after you bend up your pick up tube. Then send it out to Tom at Instrument Specialties for reconditioning. That's what I did.

Yes I did read it . No mention of specific part #s … just trying to help . Wont happen again .

Well, your weld wasn't very good then was it? Mine did not leak. If two people do a task, and one of the two fails at it, that does not mean that it was a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back