-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEVOHS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Got bad news from machine shop.Now in need of a early 318 or 340 steel crank.Hopefully someone close to Martinsville,Va.Thanks if anyone out there can help.

Got a part or casting number,...Think I got one for a 340 thats been turned 10thou. downstairs...

I have one in central kansas if your interested. It has been turned 10 already.

Not too sure where in Virginia you are, but this was on Craigslist.
"good 340 standard block and main caps for that block, 2 good newly machined and balanced steel cranks, new 11 to 1 aries 2 ring gas ported race pistons and eagle i beam rods both brand new.. and misellaneous stuff like double roller timing chains, extra oil pans, and other parts call for pricing.. Great deal must sell cleaning out garage.. text or call john at 540 621 1634. No emails listing for a freind. Location: montross

Good Luck - Daryl

I would let you have mine for free but I think you are in the same boat I was a few months ago. I called the shop that did mine to see if he still had one left, I will post when I hear. Good luck.

Attachments

• duster 027.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 194
273 w threaded flange will work. Of course all 3 273,318,340 are balanced for different bob weights.

The forged 273 cranks can be used but... the center register will need cut for torque coverter nose or pilot shaft. Then a bit of material removed to balance the rotating assembly with the lighter 340 rods.
I think these are the only differences. I've been wrong before.
I know a guy who builds any and every LA racing engine balanced like a 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back